v Barnsley (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in summary, didn’t play that well second-half but picked up 3 points.

I’ll take that over “played great, battered them - unlucky not to get anything from the game” any day of the week.

COYR!

Take the points move on 

disjointed, some really really bizarre decision making in possession 

but hey a wins a wins a win 

cant help but think against Charlton because they knew they were a man down there was just greater care of the ball

tonight was pretty ropey at times got to be honest 

Just now, SaintRam said:

That wasn't the time for Martin for me, if that's people's complaints. We needed our lone-man to be charging between defenders - give them no time. 

And yet it didn't work out like that, they still came forward in possession easily. Malone & Whittaker? WTF.

Enjoy your... weekend? When's the next game?

Enjoy your non-specific amount of time until the next game folks. Have a good one!

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Two wins on the bounce. Performances improving. Youngsters playing well. Rooney guiding them on the pitch.

Reasons to be cheerful folks.

Bird & Knight looking like mainstays in the team, Lowe looking more composed.  That's what I'm most happy with about the last two games (and the wins, of course)

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

We could and probably should have had 4 or 5 tonight having run ourselves senseless in the last game but still folk would rather moan than take a hard earned 3 points and enjoy seeing us win.

Didn't need to be so 'hard-earned'! 

1 minute ago, KCG said:

Rowett rightly got a lot of stick for being overly negative and so should Cocu. We could easily have conceded in the last 10 minutes.

I agree the substitutions were negative and unnecessary making it inevitable that we would sit off and allow Barnsley to have possession.

But let's just chill out. You have to remember that there were a lot of young lads out there, we're missing the battling heart of our midfield in shinnie and Bielik. 

We needed 6 points from these 2 home games and that's exactly what we got. I'm happy. Let's build on this and climb that table. COYR.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And yet it didn't work out like that, they still came forward in possession easily. Malone & Whittaker? WTF.

Not being harsh on the lad Whittaker but neither him or Malone (who again just kept giving it away) gave us anything other than fresh legs

can’t help thinking another wideman/ mobile forward might be on the cards 

Sinclair fits that versatile bill ? 

At the mo let’s take and enjoy any win.  A number of leggy players out there tonight as a result of our Charlton exertions.  Wasn’t pretty at all by the end but does show the limitations in our squad presently given the subs we had to use.  

Just now, i-Ram said:

At the mo let’s take and enjoy any win.  A number of leggy players out there tonight as a result of our Charlton exertions.  Wasn’t pretty at all by the end but does show the limitations in our squad presently given the subs we had to use.  

I think some were willing Barnsley to equalise for them sweet sweet e-likes...... 

Archived