"Steve Bloomers Watching"

REDCAR

Steve Bloomers Watching  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Evening ?

I've been attending Pride Park since it opened in 1997.... spent many a hour at the Baseball Ground before that as a lad.

I loved the Steve Bloomers Watching song when it first appeared, but of late find it cringe worthy - looking around the stadium with fans clapping along.... a clap.... is that really the best we can do... a clap...? with a half hearted "Derby" at the end of it.

(Oh, not even gonna mention the announcer with "Its in your DNA yoth", OMG I hate that with a passion).

Hate to say it, but the Forest pre-match song bellowed out by the their fans appears to me far more passionate... think Sheff U have a good one as well.

Been thinking about asking this for ages.... tin hat firmly on.... please don't batter me, Redcar has been around a while - in fact I went to a forum meet at a pub in Derby years ago... any of those members still knocking about??

Thanks

PS. POLL AT THE TOP! VOTE NOW ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yep I find it embarrassing as well. Other clubs seem to have much better anthems. My nearest  club - West Ham - have an appalling anthem (I'm forever blowing bubbles) hardly a war-like song but it's sung with passion and loudly. 

I think you've highlighted the problem. The song as such is irrelevant- it's the fact that it's not sung with any passion by enough people that is the problem. 

Need to change the behaviour of the fans (good luck with that!)

Absolutely agree how unique it is.... just find the “clap along” rather a poor effort.... it’s all out of timing around the stadium.... bet nobody belts it out in full voice.... it’s a close one on the poll anyway! Feedback to the club??

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yep I find it embarrassing as well. Other clubs seem to have much better anthems. My nearest  club - West Ham - have an appalling anthem (I'm forever blowing bubbles) hardly a war-like song but it's sung with passion and loudly. 

Ive always liked Bubbles tbh. (Oh for gawds sake, please behave in the cheap seats, not the one across from the station!!!) When West Ham sing it loud and proud its pretty good, also I used to like singing it ourselves back in the day......Tottenhams always running, Chelsea, West Ham too....Derby's always running, a running after you...Derby !!! Derby !!!

Love Dambusters, we used to play it at PP but I think the club phased it out because of the "we all f..... hate Leeds" chorus. Personally that would be my choice.

You can't just make up an anthem, one of the loudest songs on the Popside was "You'll never walk alone" but its seen as exclusively Liverpools now.

The best one I can think of would be Sweet Caroline which is sung in certain pubs very loudly when we've won the odd game. Other teams also sing it though so it wouldn't be "ours" as such.

For me, this one would fit brilliantly, play the full song and the fans join in the chorus....

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Frankie Valli

You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
Can't take my eyes off you

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
But if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that is real
I can't take my eyes off you

I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say

Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you

I can't…

Change the chorus to

I love you Derby
And if it's quite all right
I need you Derby
In the black and white
I love you Derby
Trust in me when I say..

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think they’re trying to get us to adopt this.

It’s not working.  Thank fook. 

Don’t work for me either, but music is so subjective.  How do you get 27000 odd people to agree?

I M a 47 yr old that has listing to reggae, hip hop, gangster rap, house , techno and d&b since I was 15 ish.

A friend of mine brought this up on Facebook recently, wanting exactly this, looking at Chelsea’s tune etc.  Do we really need it? I’m not sure as the players atm don’t seem to have that commitment to the club.

amyways if we won’t play she sells sanctuary anymore then play this for me....

Archived