"Steve Bloomers Watching"

REDCAR

Steve Bloomers Watching  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Dam busters for me as it was the music we always came out to at the BBG from the 1950’s onwards, it wasn’t meant to be sung along to but it was ours and not used by anyone else. Maybe you have to be a certain age to appreciate it.

We have also used it at PP. The traditional music such as walk alone, bubbles, keep right on, z cars, Delilah, etc seem to work best.

It has to be a good rousing version though as some are a bit too laid back.

I would be interested to know if anyone knows the origin of it’s introduction, there are connections as the Lancaster’s practised in Derbyshire and I believe Barnes Wallace was born in Ripley.

Do Everton still come out to Z Cars?  

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

You are Corporal Jones (Dads Army) 

I always get them mixed up which one's which! 

Is that the witty, intelligent, handsome one?   Then yes... and thank you.  ?

EDIT:
Just Googled it... it's the dithering old duffer! 
Still... At least that's one less Christmas card I need to write out now!  

?

Have any bedroom producers out there tried to make a better version? Everyone knows the tune, so the hardest part in getting everyone to join in is done. Seems to me it just needs better/less lyrics, a more suitable BPM to liven it up, and less stage-school Citizen Smith.

As Tony Hayers once said: "Evolution, not revolution".

On 03/12/2019 at 10:44, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

I bumped into Rockin Johnny a couple of seasons ago in the Brunswick, he was still doing his charity work he’s well known for. Hope he’s ok and still following the Rams.

I live about 500 yards from John. He's ok and still annoying everybody with his endless chat and unbelievable recall of obscure events in matches from 50 years ago!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived