"Steve Bloomers Watching"

REDCAR

Steve Bloomers Watching  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Intro]
Oooh-oh, ooooh-oh
Oooh-oh, ooooh-oh

[Verse 1]
There's a Ram in my house for love and affection
Spread out your arms I could give you infections
A passionate point to the whole operation
I'll build you a kingdom
We'll call it, "Our Heaven"
Yeah

[Chorus]
Oooh-oh, Rams in my house
Oooh-oh, there's a Ram in my house
Oooh-oh, yeah yeah yeah

On 28/11/2019 at 08:48, Tamworthram said:

The songs that work best are old classics and/or a little naff. For example, Mull of McIntyre, Delilah, Sweet Caroline and Hey Jude.

On that basis, I nominate the Hokey Cokey but replacing the chorus with "oh super Derby" . We could all dance along to the words.

P.s. before the barrage of ridicule arrives, my suggestion isn't a serious one.

Seriously i quite like the Hokey Pokey idea, i think with a few choice words it would be good..it least it's a bit cheery and bouncy, not to mention something original not the usual cringeworthy offerings. 

On 27/11/2019 at 21:08, REDCAR said:

Evening ?

I've been attending Pride Park since it opened in 1997.... spent many a hour at the Baseball Ground before that as a lad.

I loved the Steve Bloomers Watching song when it first appeared, but of late find it cringe worthy - looking around the stadium with fans clapping along.... a clap.... is that really the best we can do... a clap...? with a half hearted "Derby" at the end of it.

(Oh, not even gonna mention the announcer with "Its in your DNA yoth", OMG I hate that with a passion).

Hate to say it, but the Forest pre-match song bellowed out by the their fans appears to me far more passionate... think Sheff U have a good one as well.

Been thinking about asking this for ages.... tin hat firmly on.... please don't batter me, Redcar has been around a while - in fact I went to a forum meet at a pub in Derby years ago... any of those members still knocking about??

Thanks

PS. POLL AT THE TOP! VOTE NOW ?

Agreed. Oh, its crap...An embarrassing dirge that is limp and insipid with poor lyrics. I'm so surprised at the poll results so far. Only thing in it's favour is that has led to the pun based title of my favourite sports podcast.

On 27/11/2019 at 23:58, uttoxram75 said:

Love Dambusters, we used to play it at PP but I think the club phased it out because of the "we all f..... hate Leeds" chorus. Personally that would be my choice.

I like singing the Dambusters song during games, but having a song about Leeds as our pre-match anthem would be a bit tragic.

Was the Leeds chorus song at the BBG?

11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I like singing the Dambusters song during games, but having a song about Leeds as our pre-match anthem would be a bit tragic.

Was the Leeds chorus song at the BBG?

I don't recall the Dambusters tune being played over the tannoy, but then A/ I have a lousy memory, and B/ I missed a big chunk of the 80's,(*) so it might have been then?  Nor do I recall the arms wide/aeroplane impressions.
The "We all duckin hate Leeds" bit was definitely sung on the terraces though (to that tune, obviously), certainly throughout the latter half of the 70's.

*I mean I didn't attend the football much... Not that I was out of my face on drugs!  ?

EDIT TO ADD:

I agree it's fine for mid-match, but most inappropriate as a "club anthem"!

14 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Agreed. Oh, its crap...An embarrassing dirge that is limp and insipid with poor lyrics. I'm so surprised at the poll results so far. Only thing in it's favour is that has led to the pun based title of my favourite sports podcast.

Obviously that is just your opinion but, more than half (of the very small number) of people that voted disagree.

I voted to ditch it. Not because I dislike it (certainly not as much as you seem to) but simply because it doesn't really do much to stir the crowd and is difficult for a large number of people, spread throughout the stadium, to keep in time with.

I obviously dislike the clubs, and am not particularly fond of the songs, but Delilah and Mull of Kintyre seem to work much better. Sadly, I can't think of a serious anthem that isn't already widely used.

Awful song, but I remember it being played at the Awards night at Baileys nightclub and we were all dancing to it.....Dave Mackay really got into the spirit and we were filmed by News at Ten dancing on one of the tables.  Great fun until one of us (either me or Dave) stood on some poor woman's handbag and there was a big crunch.........Oooops! Lol

Got so pissed that night too.

Dam busters for me as it was the music we always came out to at the BBG from the 1950’s onwards, it wasn’t meant to be sung along to but it was ours and not used by anyone else. Maybe you have to be a certain age to appreciate it.

We have also used it at PP. The traditional music such as walk alone, bubbles, keep right on, z cars, Delilah, etc seem to work best.

It has to be a good rousing version though as some are a bit too laid back.

I would be interested to know if anyone knows the origin of it’s introduction, there are connections as the Lancaster’s practised in Derbyshire and I believe Barnes Wallace was born in Ripley.

What about this?

Or you can have Rowett 811 Squadron,

Mac’s 433 Squadron,Clements ticky tacca squadron or Pearson’s destroyed on the ground by the Luftwaffe squadron.

PC can be 352 or 442 or 3412 Squadron and then change it’s name to whatever you want just after take off.

Archived