Martyn Waghorn

MackworthRamIsGod

Didn’t think it was a pen from where I was sat, still of that opinion having seen the reply. Gets the ball first. We deserved it mind for a completely half hearted first half.

Thought the officials were absolutely shocking as a whole as well. But it wasn’t biased. Just wrong decisions all round. Throwins the wrong way, goalkicks instead of corners, inconsistency with fouls, the lot 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

When we bought him, I thought he was dubbed as one of the best corner takers in the division?

Remember he whipped one in for Ipswich against us at Pride Park, 2nd minute, centre back nodded home and they won 0-1 ?

(How many Lawrence corners have we scored from?)

1 hour ago, REDCAR said:

When we bought him, I thought he was dubbed as one of the best corner takers in the division?

Remember he whipped one in for Ipswich against us at Pride Park, 2nd minute, centre back nodded home and they won 0-1 ?

(How many Lawrence corners have we scored from?)

He is one of the best set piece takers in the league but we seldom use him 

31 minutes ago, RamNut said:

puts a shift in. Never shirks. We need his battling qualities. 

Whats the debate about? 

Footballing intelligence

Basic ability to control and pass the ball to a team mate

Convert a significant % of chances he gets into goals

(I could work as hard and battle as well as he does)

16 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

(I could work as hard and battle as well as he does)

I bet you couldn't!

I could pull off more far more saves than Ben Hamer, if only somebody would give me a chance! Also they'd need to give me the springiness of my 13 year old (now 33 year old) self coupled with the height of my brother at the same age (he was over 6ft at the time, I'm still only 5ft 10 and a half, but I'm waiting for a growth spurt), hand-drawn chalk lines on a brick wall as goalposts and a crossbar no more than 6ft in height.

I don't care about grass so much, I'll do a dive for the cameras anywhere! Or at least I would do if I wasn't so worried about breaking every bone in my body.

He’s not good enough is he. Poor ball control and an inability to regularly hit the net when given good chances, as we have seen in the last two matches. 

I agree with the post about his corners though. Ipswich scored a lot from his corners and I distinctly remember them causing us loads of bother. I don’t know why we don’t utilise this more often because Lawrence consistently finds the man on the near post.

Just now, DRBee said:

Its Christmas, lets needlessly slag off our players.

He was excellent last season. Now he's struggling, wonder who's fault that is  ( clue: not Waghorn)

And needlessly slag off our manager ! There's not always someone to point the finger at . Personally I think Cocu sees Waghorn as his most complete centre forward ! Players go in and out of form , it happens , players out of form around him , less creativity around him (i.e mount wilson) .  

35 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Its Christmas, lets needlessly slag off our players.

He was excellent last season. Now he's struggling, wonder who's fault that is  ( clue: not Waghorn)

Why not Waghorn? He's had numerous very good chances set up for him and taken not many. 

You could point the finger at every first team player at the moment ,they can all play better than they are currently.If they all played to their potential we would be significantly higher up the table. 

There are many factors affecting the club at the minute ,FL leaving and the manner in which he left, a long draw saga .Booze gate the effect of this is bad enough never mind when you factor in dressing room friendships loyalties etc .

Then you have an inexperienced Championship manager ,with an overloaded backroom team with a mish mash of experience put this together with the injuries it's a clusterfuck which can't be laid at the door of anyone individual .

Within that there are some personalities that are responsible for certain occurrences which have put us in this position , it's going to take a big man to sort it all out ,I hope we've got one somewhere.

Archived