Martyn Waghorn

MackworthRamIsGod

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What has that to do with scoring goals?

About the same as falling over easy and the odd good lay off ,,, truth is I just get really bored with the biased rubbish keep being spouted and I say this in reply to slagging off a decent pro who plays for Derby with an honesty and professionalism that is sadly missing from a fair deal of our recent and present players ,

present day Martin or Marriott are no more usefull than waghorn , none of them are top notch promotion team strikers and it bores me senseless listening to people slagging one or other whilst proclaiming their personal fav is fantastic and the team should be built around them , if we lose when they are not on the field then it’s because our manager is to stupid to pick him or if we lose with them on the pitch it’s because we don’t build our whole team to suit them ,, Martin is back to strolling about casual as buggery and thinking the odd decent touch cuts it , Marriott does nowhere near enough to earn a regular place , so if you are going to slag waghorn then slag the other two

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/12/2019 at 22:30, Archied said:

About the same as falling over easy and the odd good lay off ,,, truth is I just get really bored with the biased rubbish keep being spouted and I say this in reply to slagging off a decent pro who plays for Derby with an honesty and professionalism that is sadly missing from a fair deal of our recent and present players ,

present day Martin or Marriott are no more usefull than waghorn , none of them are top notch promotion team strikers and it bores me senseless listening to people slagging one or other whilst proclaiming their personal fav is fantastic and the team should be built around them , if we lose when they are not on the field then it’s because our manager is to stupid to pick him or if we lose with them on the pitch it’s because we don’t build our whole team to suit them ,, Martin is back to strolling about casual as buggery and thinking the odd decent touch cuts it , Marriott does nowhere near enough to earn a regular place , so if you are going to slag waghorn then slag the other two

Yes, agreed, we just don't have that top notch striker that a team with ambition needs. I always thought Marriott was that player, but it seems he's not even able to hold down a place in the starting line up. 

On 24/12/2019 at 22:30, Archied said:

In waghorn,Martin and Marriott we have three very good strikers...we won't be able to afford a better replacement at this time.

The problem is a very poor midfield and the lack of decent wingers who are capable of both supplying and recieving the ball to and from them.

Waghorn,at the moment is very low on confidence due to both the above and being essentially replaced as our CF by Martin...but he can overcome that.

Martin is clearly not receiving any service to his feet whatsoever and has no one to even hold the ball up for (Lawrence was his only outlet as a number 10,but that's out of the window at the moment)..there's certainly noone capable of interchanging with him to his feet in the box as Russell and Bryson/Hendrick did.

Marriott is essentially suffering from the same problems as Martin...

The key to our strikers scoring is the return of shinny and a fit beilik together with the magic of Rooney.

At that point we night see a transformation and a deluge of goals from the boys who are all capable of 10 to fifteen goals each .

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

In waghorn,Martin and Marriott we have three very good strikers...we won't be able to afford a better replacement at this time.

The problem is a very poor midfield and the lack of decent wingers who are capable of both supplying and recieving the ball to and from them.

Waghorn,at the moment is very low on confidence due to both the above and being essentially replaced as our CF by Martin...

Martin is clearly not receiving any service to his feet whatsoever and has no one to even hold the ball up for (Lawrence was his only outlet as a number 10,but that's out of the window at the moment)..there's certainly noone capable of interchanging with him to his feet in the box.

The key to our strikers scoring is the return of shinny and a fit beilik together with the magic of Rooney.

At that point we night see a transformation and a deluge of goals from the boys who are all capable of 10 to fifteen goals each .

Afford a better replacement... how do you know? 

24 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Waghorn,at the moment is very low on confidence due to both the above and being essentially replaced as our CF by Martin...but he can overcome that.

Martin is clearly not receiving any service to his feet whatsoever and has no one to even hold the ball up for (Lawrence was his only outlet as a number 10,but that's out of the window at the moment)..there's certainly noone capable of interchanging with him to his feet in the box as Russell and Bryson/Hendrick did.

Good balanced post , none of our strikers are really on it just now for various reasons , my toe in the water on this topic is due to hating to see decent pros slagged off and rubbished with claims that had he not been on the pitch and personal fav players been on instead then we would be far better and get better result when said players are also struggling and have their limitations and strengths too ,it’s then rolled into a big ball of the manager is clueless,,,, 

taking off Martin or waghorn in the fourth minute against reading was clearly a close pickum situation with pros and cons for the team whichever way cocu went to any fair minded fan , but we see cocu and waghorn slagged because we lose and an unswerving belief keeping Martin on gets us a result ?,   The run of games for Marriott thing drives me nuts too ,, he can’t stay injury free for more than two games yet it’s  clueless cocu not picking him and he’s getting a rough trot since joining even though that’s under two managers ,one who bought him and one who by his reintroduction of Martin has clearly shown he is giving everyone a fresh start and will pick players if they produce in training and on the park

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Good balanced post , none of our strikers are really on it just now for various reasons , my toe in the water on this topic is due to hating to see decent pros slagged off and rubbished with claims that had he not been on the pitch and personal fav players been on instead then we would be far better and get better result when said players are also struggling and have their limitations and strengths too ,it’s then rolled into a big ball of the manager is clueless,,,, 

taking off Martin or waghorn in the fourth minute against reading was clearly a close pickum situation with pros and cons for the team whichever way cocu went to any fair minded fan , but we see cocu and waghorn slagged because we lose and an unswerving belief keeping Martin on gets us a result ?,   The run of games for Marriott thing drives me nuts too ,, he can’t stay injury free for more than two games yet it’s  clueless cocu not picking him and he’s getting a rough trot since joining even though that’s under two managers ,one who bought him and one who by his reintroduction of Martin has clearly shown he is giving everyone a fresh start and will pick players if they produce in training and on the park

I suspect the disparity between waghorn and Martin is that Martin had been pretty consistent since he came back in.The quality of his touch and passing is of a much higher standard than waghorn who has definitely lacked in those areas for most of the season...in Waggers defence he is a much higher energy striker than Chrissie but then they are different sorts of players.

Both have a place in this side at the moment although if we bring in a winger or two I think Waggers will spend more time on the bench as an impact man.

Archived