Will they ever get over it?

Amberram

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admit it. It was me who tripped the Fulham player up by the touchline. I've been living with the guilt now for about 25 years and now is the time to unburden myself. 

Was still fun though....

36 years ago to be precise.  Not that it was me who fouled their player, I was a good 5 yards away from it...

41 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Fulham needed to win on the last day of the season to get promoted. The game was "finished" with about one and a half minutes left (I think) plus injury time, with Derby 1-0 up, due to a crowd invasion. No action was taken against us by the FA.

...not only that but a Popsider who had managed to encroach about a foot from the touch line managed a little cheeky scything down of their left winger as he sprinted down the flank with the ball. Clear sending off, had said Popsider been an actual Derby defender. ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

People here still hate Leeds and Juventus for reasons dating back further than that.

Well obviously ! They have to take it on the chin and move on. while we are perfectly with our rights to moan and groan until Bogle gets his bus pass 

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

As it was a couple of years before I was born, I remember seeing this video for the first time about 10 years ago. I’d heard about it and thought people must be exaggerating. Nope. I remember watching it for the first time and just thinking....that is absolutely mental ?

...absolutely. Would have resulted in the game being awarded to Fulham and Derby would have been relegated with big fine if it happened today. Good old FA Blasers & ties let it go though ?

One of my favourite Bobby goals that one. That was a great day. Moaning McDonald gave up managing I believe in protest. 

Looking back you cant quite believe it happened but I don’t remember it being of too great concern at the time. 

I remember Taylor offering to play it again because other results meant we were safe anyway.

i think we should re-enact it when we next play them.

I think you are all being harsh.

I am sure those Fulham fans wear their halos well and their behavior has never been anything but exemplary.

Oh, wait erm.....

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admit it. It was me who tripped the Fulham player up by the touchline. I've been living with the guilt now for about 25 years and now is the time to unburden myself. 

Was still fun though....

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

36 years ago to be precise.  Not that it was me who fouled their player, I was a good 5 yards away from it...

It may have been 36 years ago, but @Tyler Durden didn't start feeling guilty about it until 11 years later!  ?

Popside must have been sold out as I remember watching the game from the ley stand. I was 23 at the time, and remember the amazing atmosphere as the ref and fans lost control.

The players must have been rewarded with a trip to Majorca after they avoided relegation, by coincidence that’s where I went with a couple of mates the week after. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I walked into a bar with what seemed like the whole team  enjoying the san miquel.

When I told Kenny Burns and Steve Cherry they might after go home and replay the game the response shall we say wasn’t very enthusiastic !

Season ticket up in south west corner these days and still love it !!!

Archived