Pre-season

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know its miles off yet, but with little old Wayne Rooney coming in, I bet Mel and Co could organise a right decent pre season tour, Asia anyone?

I know it would mean less money for the club, but somewhere accessible for the fans would be great. I've heard that Kaiserslautern a few years back was good fun. From personal experience, the weekend in Glasgow this summer was brilliant.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know its miles off yet, but with little old Wayne Rooney coming in, I bet Mel and Co could organise a right decent pre season tour, Asia anyone?

Doubt it, We'll be going to Mickleover, Burton, Shrewsbury and Crystal Palace

51 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Can you imagine Rooney in Alfreton on a Tuesday night?

Hopefully we learned a lesson with that trip to Florida this year.

Coventry,Alfreton,Buxton(?)with Leicester as the big one(for obvious reasons.

Would love for them to come to 'often to be honest!

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The pre-season showpiece will be against Man Utd.

Oh yes please! As much as I resent giving a single penny to the Glazers the sight of Rooney in a Derby shirt in front of the United fans that would be great.

In an ideal world he would score the perfect hat trick, kiss the badge and point to the name on the back of the shirt!

then we sing Even  Wayne  thinks your poo or he's too good for you.

The perfect day!

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I cant see Mel passing up the opportunity to raise a few quid through shirt sales, possible subscribers to rams TV etc by taking the red devil himself to somewhere like China.

It should be the United States or Asia if we can afford it. Building up fan base in either of those countries is good for future business. Go to South Korea and help that one guy on twitter who supports us over there spread the message to the rest of the country.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I cant see Mel passing up the opportunity to raise a few quid through shirt sales, possible subscribers to rams TV etc by taking the red devil himself to somewhere like China.

I was watching a travel programme last night and the guide was in Mumbai. As the presenter was waffling away a group of street kids were playing football in the background...my attention piqued when I saw the kid with Rooney emblazoned across his back (black shirt...Man Ure?). It hit home at that moment what a signing Rooney is with the potential to push Derby further afield...

36 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'd rather it be a tour of local clubs with two big friendlies at PP to end.

Maybe,

Micklover, Matlock, Buxton, Alfreton, Chesterfield, Burton then Celtic and PSV.

Much better than silly overseas tours - we don't play overseas, so why prepare for it?

We don't play non league teams or in Scotland or in the Netherlands either. None of those teams would be any better for preparing for a Championship season. Playing Sunday league or pub teams isn't going to do much for preparation at all.

An overseas tour can provide similar levels of opponents, but also presents opportunities for growing commercial revenue in the future, which can potentially help with our FFP issues. We haven't bothered really doing much trying to grow our fanbase in other countries, but for me it has to be a priority.

Suncorp Stadium Brisbane. Right in the middle of town, pubs all the way from CBD to the stadium and a " Gentlemens Club " around the corner. No need to drive anywhere.

And to make PC feel at home Brisbane Roar play in orange as they are a team out of the old Brisbane Lions/ Hollandia.

Archived