Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

When you say excelled - how many games and with who?

As i recall it was two games where he played in the left central position.  Don't remember who partnered him, maybe you can look that up for us.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ramit said:

In the post match interview Cocu said he was forced to pull Bielik from midfield because of the Clarke injury.  He really has no idea how good Evans has been in that position, to me that's worrying and indicative of a laid back attitude to managing.

Im inclined to agree with that 

Just now, ramit said:

As i recall it was two games where he played in the left central position.  Don't remember who partnered him, maybe you can look that up for us.

Doesn't really matter, it was probably Keogh (or Tomori). Two games and covered by decent partners. I'm not a fan of Evans, he's just fairly meh. But I'd rather he'd gone to CB than Bielik today for sure.

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Didn’t ask if he was Dutch, just asked why he wasn’t wearing a poppy. 

The fact he’s Dutch doesn’t have anything to do with it, as I was with several Dutch fellas on Weds evening and they all wore a poppy. 

Turns out he was wearing one under his jacket though. 

You will be relieved to know that then.

The poppy is a British tradition, that was the point i was making.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't really matter, it was probably Keogh (or Tomori). Two games and covered by decent partners. I'm not a fan of Evans, he's just fairly meh. But I'd rather he'd gone to CB than Bielik today for sure.

So we agree mostly ?

1 hour ago, lrm14 said:

People have been crying out for ages to play Martin and Marriott up top and you want to scrap it after 2 games, one of which we won. Interesting.

Post your suggested forward line if 2 up top isn't the solution in your eyes. Whatever you suggest will be significantly weaker than what we set up with today considering we literally don't have a single consistent, capable winger in the entire squad.

One had Lawrence in his proper position and the other had two defensive CM’s dat on the 18-yard line. Spot the difference.

1 hour ago, lrm14 said:

They switched this season because of the arrival of Felix but for years they've had 2 up top. Here's an interesting article from last season about how the majority of the teams teams in the Prem are actually switching to a 4-4-2 or at least a variant of it, so it appears you're a bit off the mark.

Also I'm not sure why it matters to us what system or formation teams in the Champions League play, their players are on a completely different level to ours. If we had some of the wingers those teams have at their disposal then I'd be inclined to agree with you but at the moment our wide players are dreadful.

Had a look at athletic. They do play 2. ?. I just dont like the formation. Our wide players arent up to scratch no but are any? Cant say i get excited over any of them. Whoever gets picked or whoever people on here say theyd play has flaws. Lacking quality in most areas im afraid, 442,433,4141,352, whatever. Still they same pool of players to pick from. My point is, no matter if im managing Derby, barca or alfreton u16, there would be 1 centre forward and not 2 so i could have another cm. 2 up top is old school, Long ball, no need for a midfield. The Games not like that anymore. 

1 hour ago, goldstar said:

Agreed apart from most of the first half, we were chasing shadows.

And it seems if that was Clarke or Bielik who made that pass, people would not hold back, but because it's Bogle, a lot of people rush to defend him. Yes he's a great player mostly but he is still liable to mistakes and he needs to sort that out. Shocking decision making. Players like Clarke who get stuck in and do a good steady job don't get the plaudits they deserve.

Chasing Shadows??!! Are you for real?! Leeds we were chasing shadows this was nothing like!  There was hardly anything in the game. They had a 15 min spell after we gifted them the goal where they were on top and could have finished the game but then that was countered with us creating 3 good chances and them hanging on a bit at the end. 

Everyone can see where we need to improve and it’s in the midfield area, we don’t have enough genuine box to box midfielders. Duane is really struggling at the moment and isn’t really suited to that game anyway. With what we have we are definitely improving but we are clearly limited in midfield and need to address either with bringing people in or academy players making the step up.

2 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Had a look at athletic. They do play 2. ?. I just dont like the formation. Our wide players arent up to scratch no but are any? Cant say i get excited over any of them. Whoever gets picked or whoever people on here say theyd play has flaws. Lacking quality in most areas im afraid, 442,433,4141,352, whatever. Still they same pool of players to pick from. My point is, no matter if im managing Derby, barca or alfreton u16, there would be 1 centre forward and not 2 so i could have another cm. 2 up top is old school, Long ball, no need for a midfield. The Games not like that anymore. 

Burnley and Bournemouth got promoted from the very league were trying to get out of by playing two up top ... I’ll leave that there for u to digest 

Come back to me when ur ready to spout some more crap 

actually don’t bother please 

I don’t mind good players like Bogle making the odd error, even if it leads to a goal. Goals happen. The trick is to outscore the other team, with, you know, GOALS. To do that players have to attack. Not give it to the other guy. What makes you think he can do anything more than you? Cocu is far too defensive. Putting Bielik into the back line was criminal.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

So that makes it wrong ?

lets just keep flogging a dead horse Cos it’s what everyone else plays 

away results with one up top  

hull 2-0 abject 

charlton 3-0 pathetic 

Brentford 3-0 pathetic 

forest 3-0 pathetic 

It’s called round pegs in round holes

for the record both Bournemouth and Burnley  played 2 up top getting g out of this league 

king and Wilson and cokes and ings 

so get ur head out of your arse mate 

You like 442 and youre telling me to get my head out if my arse? ??

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

???? what’s 90s about 2 up front ?

Trendy formations and lots of possession Is so much better isn’t it (gotta love the fifa generation) 

Everyone played two up top in the 90s. Yeah, lots of possesion IS so much better.??‍♂️. Ddo you prefer the opposition to have it? . Fifa generation but remember 90s strikers, Oh, and some 80s?

5 minutes ago, Xlor said:

You like 442 and youre telling me to get my head out if my arse? ??

Yes 

Check out away results with one up top with the players we have 

then come back to me with ur argument that we should carry on with it 

should be brilliant this 

get a seat kids this will be comedy gold 

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Chasing Shadows??!! Are you for real?! Leeds we were chasing shadows this was nothing like!  There was hardly anything in the game. They had a 15 min spell after we gifted them the goal where they were on top and could have finished the game but then that was countered with us creating 3 good chances and them hanging on a bit at the end. 

Everyone can see where we need to improve and it’s in the midfield area, we don’t have enough genuine box to box midfielders. Duane is really struggling at the moment and isn’t really suited to that game anyway. With what we have we are definitely improving but we are clearly limited in midfield and need to address either with bringing people in or academy players making the step up.

Agree with everything else you said, yes maybe I was a bit harsh but for the vast majority of the second half we were a completely different team and seemed to be hopeful rather than determined and it looked all too familiar.

I'm just ducked off cos it's Forest

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

Everyone played two up top in the 90s. Yeah, lots of possesion IS so much better.??‍♂️. Ddo you prefer the opposition to have it? . Fifa generation but remember 90s strikers, Oh, and some 80s?

Is more possession better ? I always prefer more goals myself ??‍♂️

For me we have found a formation to fit the players we have.  No need to play the fashionable formation if we don’t have players to play it. Imo we don’t have the players to play one up front, we don’t have enough creativity in a front 3 or 3 behind a forward. Anyway all this false number 9 and 1 up front is utter tosh imo. Give me 2 upfront any day   

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Is more possession better ? I always prefer more goals myself ??‍♂️

For me we have found a formation to fit the players we have.  No need to play the fashionable formation if we don’t have players to play it. Imo we don’t have the players to play one up front, we don’t have enough creativity in a front 3 or 3 behind a forward. Anyway all this false number 9 and 1 up front is utter tosh imo. Give me 2 upfront any day   

I believe so yeah. The majority of successful sides keep the ball. More of tge ball,more goals. Cant score without it.

Archived