Thank you Richard

inter politics

47 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Still, thanks for all those dramatic runs with the ball at your feet which finally resulted in something away at Leeds in the playoffs after numerous forays that looked better than they were.

This is one of the most uneducated criticism that’s branded about.

The idea isn’t to go on a mad run through the defence. It’s the create and angle and draw a player near to create space for the forward pass. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Finch said:

DCFC come out of this badly. It's all three or none. Shamefull Mr Morris.

100% agree , all 3 should go . How can they say otherwise ? 

Ps can we sack Anya ? I mean , if i was as crap at my job as he is at his , my feet wouldn't touch the ground !

1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Cheers Richard, well done on 17 or so years of work on wages which most people can only dream of for your 20 ish hours a week of work. Sorry you decided to get into the back of a car with a drunk driver as a 33 year old father with a high public profile.

Still, thanks for all those dramatic runs with the ball at your feet which finally resulted in something away at Leeds in the playoffs after numerous forays that looked better than they were.

Enjoy your 50 year retirement - you've earned it. If you're short of ideas as to how to fill your time perhaps you could have a chat with our second all-time highest goalscorer and twice Championship winner Kevin Hector who was a postman after his career ended. 

He'd post stuff through the wrong letter box

It’s a shame really, but I find it very difficult to thank him after how all this has ended. And it truly is a shame, because he’s been a great servant and player over the years, and probably would’ve been very close to legendary status had he seen his contract length through. Despite his many deluded detractors, he has been a top class player at this level for years now- you won’t find a better cb at this level in fact- and he really did put his all into every game he played for us. For that, you really have to appreciate the bloke. But I’m afraid his status has been absolutely destroyed beyond repair by how everything here has ended, and he leaves with his name disgraced. And it really is through no fault but his own. Because of that, and what he did, I can’t thank him for his service. A great shame for a player who should’ve been remembered fondly, but he only has himself to blame. Hopefully we can now move on from this whole episode soon and forget about those players involved (including the other two!)

On 31/10/2019 at 00:09, Millenniumram said:

It’s a shame really, but I find it very difficult to thank him after how all this has ended. And it truly is a shame, because he’s been a great servant and player over the years, and probably would’ve been very close to legendary status had he seen his contract length through. Despite his many deluded detractors, he has been a top class player at this level for years now- you won’t find a better cb at this level in fact- and he really did put his all into every game he played for us. For that, you really have to appreciate the bloke. But I’m afraid his status has been absolutely destroyed beyond repair by how everything here has ended, and he leaves with his name disgraced. And it really is through no fault but his own. Because of that, and what he did, I can’t thank him for his service. A great shame for a player who should’ve been remembered fondly, but he only has himself to blame. Hopefully we can now move on from this whole episode soon and forget about those players involved (including the other two!)

Do you not think it's harsh to judge a good man by the worst thing he's done, rather than the best?

5 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

A hero that's won absolutely nothing. ?

Dave Mackay is a Hero

Roy McFarland is a Hero

Igor Stimac is a Hero

Hate to break it to you, but Stimac didn't win anything with Derby either. I'm not calling Keogh a hero, but it's stupid to have such a rigid definition for one. I've never seen any of those mentioned players play, but my generation have their own heroes. Many would consider Keogh one, Bryson I would certainly consider one. You shouldn't gatekeep if other people consider a player a hero or not.

15 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Do you not think it's harsh to judge a good man by the worst thing he's done, rather than the best?

The measure of a man is not by his public deeds. No, the measure of a man is what he does when there’s no one looking.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Hate to break it to you, but Stimac didn't win anything with Derby either. I'm not calling Keogh a hero, but it's stupid to have such a rigid definition for one. I've never seen any of those mentioned players play, but my generation have their own heroes. Many would consider Keogh one, Bryson I would certainly consider one. You shouldn't gatekeep if other people consider a player a hero or not.

He won promotion 

13 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

The measure of a man is not by his public deeds. No, the measure of a man is what he does when there’s no one looking.

Nice quote, doesn't seem contradictory to the point I was making though.

Don’t do hero’s or villains myself, he is a footballer who for me gave everything when putting the shirt on which I will always respect.

But first and foremost he is a human being, much as I detested GRs stint at Derby, I never once wished the sack upon him and would rather he had been successful, similarly when he left I gained no satisfaction when he failed at stoke. That’s where I feel sorry for RK, yes he made a mistake, getting into a car driven by someone who was intoxicated, and has lost his career and has been sacked as the result of it.

Fair enough it’s been done on the back of what is best for the club however it doesn’t mean that I can’t still respect his time at the club and  What he’s done for us.

Archived