Thank you Richard

inter politics

I'm sure this is too soon for most of you but i'd like to appreciate the service of Keogh to the club. Messed up at the end but on the pitch, he gave everything to our club and deservedly twice player of the season. Many ups and downs and it's a sad shady end but thank you for all the good you did for the club over the years.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Keogh you ducked up big time which makes me mad because this was avoidable. I am more mad because I liked him as a player and think his absence will impact us for at least the rest of the season.

Apart from that well done for your playing career at Derby even if you looked like a bull on speed at times.

Can’t deny his service for this club. He’s been excellent and so sad for it to end this way. I think even his biggest critics can see just how much we’re missing him at the moment.

Hope in time people will forgive this and remember the excellent service he’s given this club, and I hope he can recover and finish his career on his terms.

Good luck Richard and thanks.

I’m surprised how gutted I am for him. Never questioned his commitment or professionalism and now the latter has been tarnished. Sad day for Derby whether justified or not. He deserved to leave the pitch in tears, to a standing ovation, after retiring. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m surprised how gutted I am for him. Never questioned his commitment or professionalism and now the latter has been tarnished. Sad day for Derby whether justified or not. He deserved to leave the pitch in tears, to a standing ovation, after retiring. 

... whilst finally clutching the Play Off Trophy!

Sad day indeed... but the plonker only has himself to blame!

Cheers Richard, well done on 17 or so years of work on wages which most people can only dream of for your 20 ish hours a week of work. Sorry you decided to get into the back of a car with a drunk driver as a 33 year old father with a high public profile.

Still, thanks for all those dramatic runs with the ball at your feet which finally resulted in something away at Leeds in the playoffs after numerous forays that looked better than they were.

Enjoy your 50 year retirement - you've earned it. If you're short of ideas as to how to fill your time perhaps you could have a chat with our second all-time highest goalscorer and twice Championship winner Kevin Hector who was a postman after his career ended. 

56 minutes ago, inter politics said:

I'm sure this is too soon for most of you but i'd like to appreciate the service of Keogh to the club. Messed up at the end but on the pitch, he gave everything to our club and deservedly twice player of the season. Many ups and downs and it's a sad shady end but thank you for all the good you did for the club over the years.

Great subject and post, so disappointing how it ended. Thanks for the memories though Richard, I only hope my abiding memories aren’t of this sorry situation but of the better times. COYR

So sad. Last season was probably his best in a Rams shirt. 

Marshalling a rookie defence... A teenage RB and CB partner. 

That penalty against Man U. 

The decider against Southampton. 

The assist against Leeds. 

I'll remember it all with fondness and now, a touch of sadness that this was as good as it ever got. 

Archived