Hello!

Boycie

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, I didn't join in with the boos and I didn't join in with the chants. I did however applaud Lawrence when he did something good football-wise. Don't think Bennett touched the ball, did he? 

I clapped the teams on and off the pitch as usual.

Same as me. When do you reckon you’ll join in?

Bennett made that one really good run to set Waghorn (I think) up.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Same as me. When do you reckon you’ll join in?

Bennett made that one really good run to set Waghorn (I think) up.

I might have missed that with Bennett. I have to confess to slipping out to the loo when I saw he was about to come on as I didn't want to hear the boos. ?

I want to wait and see what happens in court and what the club subsequently does as that might influence how long it takes me to fully forgive. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

It’s a bit like the answer to life the universe and everything. What was i ? 49 or something?

anyway, I support DCFC

nothing’s changed for me. All this is just another national enquirer headline. I’ve about as much interest in this scandal as last years June edition of hello magazine

I'm in. Derby County Football Club I'm in Love.

Not sure why folk are getting so wound up about a mistake in the past and about our wonderful club that is trying it's best to support everyone involved and to try and move forward. D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity. Don't Look Back........Look Forwards & Upwards.

Take a lot more than this to make to stop following Derby. It’s been difficult though and I don’t blame people for taking it badly, having Keogh taken away like this has been honestly really upsetting.

For the past 7/8 years the majority of us have gone down to PP every other week or travelled across the country and seen crazy eyes playing for us. Usually playing pretty well as captain too. He was honestly my favourite Derby player of all time, he was passionate, a bit mental and at times pretty flawed. But he was ducking consistent.

But the clubs so much bigger, if you were at the Birmingham game, you’ll have felt it. And if you were at Barnsley game, you’ll know we went straight back to being the same old Derby County.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I'm in. Derby County Football Club I'm in Love.

Not sure why folk are getting so wound up about a mistake in the past and about our wonderful club that is trying it's best to support everyone involved and to try and move forward. D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity. Don't Look Back........Look Forwards & Upwards.

There is a small corner of this windy isle that shall ever have a black and white weft to a many hued warp. Even when we ferk it up a bit. Keep it Rams ?

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I might have missed that with Bennett. I have to confess to slipping out to the loo when I saw he was about to come on as I didn't want to hear the boos. ?

I want to wait and see what happens in court and what the club subsequently does as that might influence how long it takes me to fully forgive. 

At last the voice of reason 

When it comes to the forum I'm too busy to come on it too often but enjoy a nosey around and the odd post.

Personally having followed Derby in some form for 18 years there is pretty much nothing that could make me walk away from the club. Despite not having had a season ticket for the past 7 years every time i go to a game (about 10 a year atm) i get that same magic feeling which takes me back to being a child. Nothing else actually matters for that 90 minutes and that doesn't matter whether it's against Barnsley on a tuesday night which I'm thoroughly happy I went to or at Wembley. It's a big part of my identity and still acts as a connection to where i grew up and used to live.  Personally walking away from the club just isn't something i could do. 

It's also something me and my dad used to do up until he passed away a couple of years ago. A lot of my fondest memories of my dad were of going to football together and as we cannot make any new memories going to games certainly helps rekindle those old ones. I sympathise with people who feel this is just too much especially those who have lost loved ones due to drink driving or been affected in some other way especially as watching football can be a very personal emotional experience. I just hope the club manages to fix the damage done here. 

Well said Boycie. I'm never going anywhere either. Soz. Bottom line, I enjoy watching a game of football, and I'm from Derby. Ergo...I'm a Derby fan.

Everything else is so much froth and baalocks.

We've all lost family, been out of work, divorced, been ill, skint or dumped. That's important. Worth getting worked up over,

Derby County? Like every other club there will always be football and soap opera, but when you get in a lather about it and flounce about creating, you should, in my opinion, give your head a wobble. And yes, I've done it myself, more than many I guess, but I reckon I'm older and wiser now.

Get down PPS tomorrow and give them a cheer. That's the thing with football, there's always next time, always hope of jam tomorrow. Enjoy it. Plenty of proper stuff in life to get on your high horse about.

6 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

When it comes to the forum I'm too busy to come on it too often but enjoy a nosey around and the odd post.

Personally having followed Derby in some form for 18 years there is pretty much nothing that could make me walk away from the club. Despite not having had a season ticket for the past 7 years every time i go to a game (about 10 a year atm) i get that same magic feeling which takes me back to being a child. Nothing else actually matters for that 90 minutes and that doesn't matter whether it's against Barnsley on a tuesday night which I'm thoroughly happy I went to or at Wembley. It's a big part of my identity and still acts as a connection to where i grew up and used to live.  Personally walking away from the club just isn't something i could do. 

Bet you were. Getting first in line for a pie and pint?

23 hours ago, Alpha said:

Can't quit the forum. It's become a habit. Get my news off here and it's to me what Facebook is for the missus. 

She goes on there for a nosey and the news. Facebook is mostly full of people who are pretending to be the person they wish they were. So it's no more real than the people with anonymity on here. Except over time you get to know people better than a few edited photos let you

Got a love hate relationship with football though. I don't like that I keep watching it. From FIFA to UEFA to "The top 6"  to "THE Premier League!!!" to the way players behave on the pitch... it's just a pathetic world. Now the football community is brought together through the delight of Twitter. That's a beautiful partnership. Rich, successful young men and frustrated keyboard warriors. Wonderful. 

When the ball is in play I love football. But 15 blokes sat around a desk talking about this guy being half a yard out of position..  nah. The " banter" between our Nev and good old Carragher... eurgh! 

Long live the forum! Meh to the football. 

Yeah that's pretty much where I am at.

For the first time ever I have actually turned Sky Sports off.

The Sky generation were actually ruining my enjoyment of the game that has been such a big part of my life for 35 years.

Football no longer exists outside of DCFC and the England national team for me anymore.

My only real interest in it is Fantasy Team and my Saturday afternoon bet.

7 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Well said Boycie. I'm never going anywhere either. Soz. Bottom line, I enjoy watching a game of football, and I'm from Derby. Ergo...I'm a Derby fan.

We've all lost family, been out of work, divorced, been ill, skint or dumped. That's important. Worth getting worked up over,

Derby County? Like every other club there will always be football and soap opera, but when you get in a lather about it and flounce about creating, you should, in my opinion, give your head a wobble. And yes, I've done it myself, more than many I guess, but I reckon I'm older and wiser now.

Get down PPS tomorrow and give them a cheer. That's the thing with football, there's always next time, always hope of jam tomorrow. Enjoy it. Plenty of proper stuff in life to get on your high horse about.

Magic post. My sentiments exactly. 

7 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Got to line up and say cracking post.

Derby have forever had scandals and dramas down the years, hence the book that came out “And there was some football too”.

I’m not condoning drink driving and the pair of young clowns made a huge mistake but ultimately I am and always will be a Derby fan, nothing will take that enjoyment or the other away; it’s part of my life and personality now, it’s what people know me as, players and staff come and go, the club remains because families like ours are into the 4th generation.

Too much doom and gloom in the world, it’s Saturday can’t wait for today’s game again, time to get behind my team.

7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Bet you were. Getting first in line for a pie and pint?

I was actually especially as i can't get to as many games as i used to i really enjoyed it. Nah, I had a mcdonald's at leeds station before getting the train is much easier than queuing for a pie and pint aha. 

On 04/10/2019 at 08:00, Boycie said:

After all the recent bad news that’s been around, and lots of people losing there love of the club and announcing they’re stopping watching the team, I thought I’d post my support.

Unfortunately for some, I’m not stopping going to Pride Park, and I’m definitely not quitting my sofa for away games either.

I’m not quitting the Forum either, as Daveo would be heart broken, (watch him deny it)

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

Always!!! I often quote a game V Liverpool . All I say is 1-7. We are Derby County 

As much as I am disappointed in recent events, it appears to be a continual attribute of Dcfc to attract controversy and misfortune.

Spygate, managerial turnover,Sam Rush,stadium purchase, and now the drinking debacle all in less than 12 months.

My thoughts go out to Mel who continues to whole heartedly  commit to this club dispite appearing to be personally tested and let down by others around him be it players,managers,employees and the likes.

On 04/10/2019 at 08:00, Boycie said:

After all the recent bad news that’s been around, and lots of people losing there love of the club and announcing they’re stopping watching the team, I thought I’d post my support.

Unfortunately for some, I’m not stopping going to Pride Park, and I’m definitely not quitting my sofa for away games either.

I’m not quitting the Forum either, as Daveo would be heart broken, (watch him deny it)

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

Have I missed something?

Archived