What’s your priority to strengthen the side?

Ellafella

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone equivalent to Patrick Viera (powerful, pacy midfielder).

I know he was world class and equivalents would not play champ level,  it it defines better the kind of player.

PS. New GK essential as well.

I think we have promising wingers in academy so don’t want to block pathway by any perm signings in this position. Loan if we have to.

Centre half with pace.

(and height and passing ability and......)

Allows Bielik back into midfield or option of 3 at the back (Davies, Clarke, Bielik very slow as a group)

Davies (and Keogh) are aging, Clarke is only a loan, youngsters look a distance off (Buchanan too short for CB for me)

15 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We can’t be so porous in our midfield. We’re giving up masses of possession which are becoming chances. So big commanding cdm for me. If that’s to be bielik then get Clarke and Davies working as the centre backs.

Agree with the symptom but not the solution. Big commanding CDMs are good for turning over possession and finding a white shirt, and we already have that in Beilik. What’s needed is players our CDMs can pass to who won’t give the ball away, and know when to make a risky pass and when to keep possesion.

I think central midfield would be my priority. Doesn’t have to be as creative as Holmes, just has to keep possession.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

GK who can catch

CB with pace

CM with energy and strength

Winger who doesn't get bundled off the ball or into a police cell. 

Agree with Sage but different order of importance. 

CB - Commanding with Pace and decent on the ball.

CM with energy and strength (move Bielik into here instead of Huddlestone)

Winger - with graft and strength plus touch of flair.

Then look at GK

If you look at the above I’m not far off saying Tomori, Mount and Wilson ! 

Regards 

Gangway D from the terrace

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Agree with the symptom but not the solution. Big commanding CDMs are good for turning over possession and finding a white shirt, and we already have that in Beilik. What’s needed is players our CDMs can pass to who won’t give the ball away, and know when to make a risky pass and when to keep possesion.

I think central midfield would be my priority. Doesn’t have to be as creative as Holmes, just has to keep possession.

A Will Hughes type? 

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Don’t need to bring anyone else in, given our last team building exercise resulted in a win, just have more of them.

Cant wait to see what the Christmas party will bring ?

giphy.gif

Archived