Mel is a great guy

Sith Happens

Apologies if already mentioned and merge / delete as required but Mel will be visiting Fan areas before todays game to personally apologise for the actions of some of his players this week.

He is a top man.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, John_The_Waff said:

Mel Morris is a top man. What I'd really like to see is those three idiots stand in the centre circle with a microphone and apologise.

I was just about post something similar. Mel Morris has nothing to apologise for, others on the other hand...

We, as a club, are truly blessed to have someone the likes of Mel Morris, the guy is class.  For him to go around the ground today, visiting fan areas to appologise for the shoddy and irresponsible behavior of some of our players, just shows the caliber of our chairman.  As far as I'm concerned, Mel has absolutely nothing to appologise for, it's Bennett, Lawrence, Keogh and Huddlestone who need to be doing the appologising.  They should be on their bended knees, begging for forgiveness to Mel Morris, Phillip Cocu and the Derby fans.  Absolutely shameful!

Feel for him, I really do. To be put in this position by the players is just shameful. Mel has absolutely nothing to apologise for, I can fully understand why he would feel the need to but this is not on him.

I hope he is rewarded with some success for the money, time, commitment and heart is has poured into the club. I speak from a privileged position having spoken with Mel on several occasions, believe me when I say he lives and breathes this football club and right now will be hurting deeply following the incident. 

Hopefully the players can pull off a result and a performance today that puts a few smiles back on faces. 

Hope he's walking, and not on one o' them golf carts!  You just know what would happen next, in this week of front page headlines!

Jesting aside, I've already mentioned in another thread how proud I am to have Mel overseeing my football club.  A great guy indeed... and right now, he needs our backing like never before.

I don't normally get to the ground until KO-15mins, so if any of you do bump into him, please give him a hearty handshake from me.  Cheers.

Just want to say what an owner we have.

I actually felt emotional when he walked down the sideline before kick off.

Imagine putting everything in to bettering the club you’ve supported your whole life, only for so much of it to be undone by some overpaid clowns.

He must be wondering what he has to do to take us to the Premier League, but I have no doubt they he will be the man to do it! 

He's an owner that fans would dream of having own their club. There's no doubt as to where his heart lies. Sure he may have made a questionable call here and there early on but at no point can you question his loyalty and I feel he's always been keen to learn from his mistakes and improve. He deserves to be the owner to get us into the premiership. 

Archived