Thank you, Keogh

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

As I said on a thread a while back (conveniently now deleted by mods), he wouldn't even make our match day squad. 

Dreadful player with an equally dreadful attitude. 

Just occasionally you write total rubbish - this is one of them

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Different debate which we wont agree on of course.

Just imagine though if he did end up at yours after all the stick. You never know. Its not that long ago after years of critcising Nigel Clough and Jake Buxton that many were jumping up and down to sign them....weirder things have happened.

Jake Buxton? ?

Never happened. And believe me, he would NEVER end up here. 

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

As I said on a thread a while back (conveniently now deleted by mods), he wouldn't even make our match day squad. 

This is an unnecessary comment. Of course you don't like him, you support our rivals, no-one was expecting you to and so obviously you're inherently biased. 

It is worth pointing out that since he signed for us, we've consistently finished above you in the league and its interesting a lot of your fans have only got high and mighty now after 8 games.

Keogh's royally messed up here but it's a bit pathetic coming onto our forum just to post an opinion everybody already knows you hold, I mean what's the point?

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

Keogh's royally messed up here but it's a bit pathetic coming onto our forum just to post an opinion everybody already knows you hold, I mean what's the point?

Merely responding to another poster who suggested he could play for us. A ridiculous suggestion. 

I'll leave it at that.

19 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Hate to see what you think of matt Clarke if you think Keoghs that bad.... Was a consistently excellent player for us.

Key word is was though, nothing changes the fact he’s now quite rightly no longer our captain, and will never pull on the shirt again (probably not for anyone). Attitude certainly does come into question now in all fairness

9 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Merely responding to another poster who suggested he could play for us. A ridiculous suggestion. 

I'll leave it at that.

Nah, you made a snide remark about Notts County which another member made light of before you saw your chance to have a bit of a dig. Just a bit pathetic, is all i'm saying

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Nah, you made a snide remark about Notts County which another member made light of before you saw your chance to have a bit of a dig. Just a bit pathetic, is all i'm saying

OK fair enough, I was wrong. 

Maybe he'll get a game at Mansfield. Good enough for them. 

31 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Jake Buxton? ?

Never happened. And believe me, he would NEVER end up here. V

Selective memory again just like denying the 'man city of the midlands' comments.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

Richy boy, been an absolute hero for the past 7 years at this club, loved your effort, determination, leadership, loved how you was the only player to put 110% in each game. It's such a shame your career has had to end like this, you've been a great servant to the club and been one of the only players I have backed through thick and thin. 

You wasn't driving but you're still as much to blame for all this, as the leader, the captain you should be telling the boys not to drive, rather than letting them and getting in.

I hope you can recover and play again but if not you're a Derby County legend and one mistake (albeit a huge one) should not tarnish the 7 years of hard work and passion you have put into this club.

Cheers capt'n.

Wow...so many things wrong with this..

Yet another disappointment.

My most respected member of the Rams teams of recent years ends his career on a spectacular low.

My most respected Forest supporter shown to be unfeeling and insensitive, just like his confeds who laughed at our young Rams Fan who 'cried on the telly'.

Gloat over the body blow to the Rams team,, justify or condemn actions by individuals, but let's be kind eh!

Thank you Richard. Get well soon!

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

You would have thought that his basic self-preservation instinct alone would have prevented him from getting into a car driven by someone who had been throwing his guts up due to drink (or at least his mate had). Too stupid for words.

“When the police turned up, Keogh was completely off his head and tried to claim his name was Alfie.
“The copper apparently told him: ‘No you’re not, you’re Richard Keogh.’”

Doesn't sound like he was in a fit state to be doing anything. Still his own stupid fault that he can't control himself though.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

“When the police turned up, Keogh was completely off his head and tried to claim his name was Alfie.

Doesn't sound like he was in a fit state to be doing anything. Still his own stupid fault that he can't control himself though.

Amazing as I understood he was unconscious due to the crash!

Let's await the full story eh?

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

7 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Amazing as I understood he was unconscious due to the crash!

Let's await the full story eh?

No... When the paramedics turned up, he was "Unconscious".  By the time the Rozzers turned up, he changed it to "Alfie"!

...Then one of the Rozzers called him "Dick".

Keep Up!

5 hours ago, jono said:

Amidst the mob crying for blood it’s good to see there are some decent folk around. Well said 

BUT Lordy Lordy it makes me shake my head. Bennett .. kid, stupid and Lawrence, still won’t be right after losing his Mum but Keogh, Hudds ? They are men, they are seasoned professionals. Bad bad day, mind numbingly stupid

Sorry but Mason Bennett is 23 years old and has a child of his own. He's not a kid. He's a man. A man that knows better. 

What Lawrence has been through is awful and he has my full sympathies for that. But he cannot use that as an excuse as to get blind drunk and get behind the wheel of a car.

What had Hudds done? Filmed his mate being sick joking that he can't handle his beer. He's done nothing wrong. Only reason it looks so bad is because of what happened. By which time Huddlestone was probably home in bed with no idea. 

To refer to Hudds as a man who is mind numbingly stupid and Mason Bennett as a stupid kid is utterly wrong.

I really have mixed feelings about this.

I think you have have literally never got behind the wheel of a car knowing you were over the limit to be in a position to cast stones on that element.

I know I did it plenty of times in my youth - not proud of it - it was stupid.

But the courts will deal with Lawrence and Bennett.

I have liked Keogh's pugnacious attitude and I think he's a way better player than many give him credit for.

However, I have been irritated on occasions with his lack of composure - such as the Forest groundskeeper debacle and an other instance after the game - sorry I forget where now.

There's an unsettling pattern of behavior and as club captain he has a duty of care to act with dignity.

Also, should a professional athlete be getting blackout drunk midweek of the season?

You may pass a breathalyzer 12-hours later, but alcohol can impair brain function for up to 10-days.

I don't know if I think I need to rush to thank him for acting like a tool....again.

Wouldn't it have been brilliant if the story was he physically dragged Lawrence and Bennett away from their cars and put them in a cab?

Keogh has been consistently our best player for the past decade, perhaps even longer, so I will always remember him fondly. The problem is, as I've alluded to in another post, his importance to this team is substantial and that this season will tarnish his reputation without him even playing. 

If the pictures of his knees doing the rounds are true, he is finished as a footballer and possibly a man that can get about without a wheelchair or at least crouches. 

46 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sorry but Mason Bennett is 23 years old and has a child of his own. He's not a kid. He's a man. A man that knows better. 

What Lawrence has been through is awful and he has my full sympathies for that. But he cannot use that as an excuse as to get blind drunk and get behind the wheel of a car.

What had Hudds done? Filmed his mate being sick joking that he can't handle his beer. He's done nothing wrong. Only reason it looks so bad is because of what happened. By which time Huddlestone was probably home in bed with no idea. 

To refer to Hudds as a man who is mind numbingly stupid and Mason Bennett as a stupid kid is utterly wrong.

I disagree. Hudds is 30 something, has played for his country and clubs home and abroad, He is an experienced, time served professional. He should know better and should have guided his younger team mates. Bennett is stupid and dangerous as well. 

I am simply remarking that a 30 + year old man who has been exposed to the highest level of professionalism at different clubs should have more sense than a 23 old lad. 

Archived