Thank you, Keogh

Bubbles

Richy boy, been an absolute hero for the past 7 years at this club, loved your effort, determination, leadership, loved how you was the only player to put 110% in each game. It's such a shame your career has had to end like this, you've been a great servant to the club and been one of the only players I have backed through thick and thin. 

You wasn't driving but you're still as much to blame for all this, as the leader, the captain you should be telling the boys not to drive, rather than letting them and getting in.

I hope you can recover and play again but if not you're a Derby County legend and one mistake (albeit a huge one) should not tarnish the 7 years of hard work and passion you have put into this club.

Cheers capt'n.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Richy boy, been an absolute hero for the past 7 years at this club, loved your effort, determination, leadership, loved how you was the only player to put 110% in each game. It's such a shame your career has had to end like this, you've been a great servant to the club and been one of the only players I have backed through thick and thin. 

You wasn't driving but you're still as much to blame for all this, as the leader, the captain you should be telling the boys not to drive, rather than letting them and getting in.

I hope you can recover and play again but if not you're a Derby County legend and one mistake (albeit a huge one) should not tarnish the 7 years of hard work and passion you have put into this club.

Cheers capt'n.

Amidst the mob crying for blood it’s good to see there are some decent folk around. Well said 

BUT Lordy Lordy it makes me shake my head. Bennett .. kid, stupid and Lawrence, still won’t be right after losing his Mum but Keogh, Hudds ? They are men, they are seasoned professionals. Bad bad day, mind numbingly stupid

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

He's not as much to blame as the two drivers though. Agree with the rest. 

He is far from innocent but Lawrence and Bennett seem to be getting off lightly compared to Huddz and Keogh on t'internet

Thats what I meant mate. My bad for not clearing that up, he's in the wrong but not as much as Tom and Mason, they was stupid enough to drive. 

I know this is controversial but Keogh may have been seriously hammered (at his own fault) and not realized the state of Tom? 

No thanks from me. He made the decision to not stop those lot driving (or indeed stop the situation getting out of hand in the first place) and now he must live with the consequences. I hope he never wears the Derby shirt again, he doesn’t deserve it. Derby legend, don’t make me laugh. He could’ve been, but whatever came before doesn’t matter to me now he’s done this. He’s not a player I’ll remember fondly.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He is far from innocent but Lawrence and Bennett seem to be getting off lightly compared to Huddz and Keogh on t'internet

The thing for me is, in Huddlestones case, yes he shouldn’t have filmed anything but for all we know he left two hours before Bennett and Lawrence went anywhere near a car. Not as stupid this mind, but I’ve left nights out to find in the morning mates have done things after I’ve gone (more the first part of masons night rather than the second). Huddlestone should have known better than to film and share things but I don’t think he can be blamed for what happened after. 

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

The thing for me is, in Huddlestones case, yes he shouldn’t have filmed anything but for all we know he left two hours before Bennett and Lawrence went anywhere near a car. Not as stupid this mind, but I’ve left nights out to find in the morning mates have done things after I’ve gone (more the first part of masons night rather than the second). Huddlestone should have known better than to film and share things but I don’t think he can be blamed for what happened after. 

Is huddlestones snapchat private? If it's a snap for just him and a couple mates then imo he's not done wrong, however if his snapchats public and hes posted them videos then thats just wrong...

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Thats what I meant mate. My bad for not clearing that up, he's in the wrong but not as much as Tom and Mason, they was stupid enough to drive. 

I know this is controversial but Keogh may have been seriously hammered (at his own fault) and not realized the state of Tom? 

I imagine all 3 were way beyond the point of reasonable mind mate.  But that’s why earlier in their state of intoxication they should be taking responsibility for what they did next. I imagine you could be right about keogh, or it could be they were only making a short trip and thought they could do it, but it just proves why you shouldn’t drink and drive even if it’s only for 40 yards. 

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Is huddlestones snapchat private? If it's a snap for just him and a couple mates then imo he's not done wrong, however if his snapchats public and hes posted them videos then thats just wrong...

Private I believe and someone’s gone onto share it. It’s not his fault that happened but things get leaked so easily he shouldn’t have been so naive. 

Not a legend in my eyes, but has been a committed servant during an interesting but ultimately fruitless period in the club’s history.

i also think he’ll play for Derby again as if anyone is going to come back from an ACL (is it confirmed that’s what it is?) at 33, it’ll be him.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

To blame... No not really or even at all hence its not illegal to be drunk in a passenger seat. Hence why the police haven't even charged him. 

Who was the biggest failing to behave as they're expected... Keogh without a doubt in my opinion. 

The captain should lead by example... Getting in the car is condoning awful behaviour and anything but leading by example. Young people look to their heroes (players) and copy their behaviour, young players do the same in the club, players look to their captain and leaders in the dressing room and copy their behaviour. It stems from there. 

The captain should be strong and be talking players out of doing things like this, he did anything but. 

Hate to say I told you so but this is the exact personality type the 'Keogh haters' and 'boo boys' of which I'll admit I'm one have been talking about.

Never ever said he couldn't defend, in Fact, in a 1 v 1 I've said he's one of the best in the championship. Never have I ever said he doesn't set an excellent example for workrate on the pitch. What I have said repeatedly is he is an awful leader. 

At times in games where you need a cool calm head making rational decisions he is found wanting... And I believe has been the difference between us getting promoted. 

At times in games you need a leader to put his arm round younger players to get them back on track when they are struggling and losing their head... Younger players were making bad decisions and instead of being strong and going against them he was a follower and jumped in. 

At times in games you need a leader to take responsibility for situations. On multiple times you see him at games pointing fingers and blaming players, numerous times when he's in the wrong or at fault himself. He did not take control of the situation that night

From my understanding historically talking to people in the club the captain is directly responsible for ensuring players do not act stupidly to embarrass the club or hurt themselves or the public. Utterly failed on that account probably because he got too pissed himself wanting to be one of the crowd rather than the leader.

That's the job I'm afraid and although the finger of blame shouldn't be pointed his way. He cannot ever be given a captaincy at this club again and must suffer for his failings to come anywhere near close to fulfilling his duties and responsibilities. 

The reason a captain lifts the trophy is there is a lot of sacrifice and work to get that benefit. Keogh clearly wants all the benefits while behaving like a normal player and shirking his responsibility... Not good enough I'm afraid

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

As I said on a thread a while back (conveniently now deleted by mods), he wouldn't even make our match day squad. 

Dreadful player with an equally dreadful attitude. 

Different debate which we wont agree on of course.

Just imagine though if he did end up at yours after all the stick. You never know. Its not that long ago after years of critcising Nigel Clough and Jake Buxton that many were jumping up and down to sign them....weirder things have happened.

Archived