Only Derby County...

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not religious but the phrase he who is without sin cast the first stone.

If mobile phones were about when I went out, I doubt I’d be able to show my face in public again. Been there done that got the t-shirt probably x10.

Personally I think whoever took the videos is a knob. We had a saying, ‘what goes on a night out stays on a night out’.

As disappointing as it is, I’m not going to let the actions of individual actions of idiots impact my feelings about my club. It’s horrible to see us get this kind of publicity, and the club is being dragged through the dirt because of the actions of a select few but what more could we have done? Every club has socials or bonding sessions. Do we need to get to a point where a club representative has to babysit these players to make sure they behave? It’s not a case of breaking an ambiguous law or being unlucky. 

I trust the club to leave it with the police and then deal with it in the way they deem fit. What we do need more than anything though is to rally around the club. Give our support to the players who have enough respect and brain cells to be sensible and get to play on Saturday. The hysteria surrounding the incident will pass eventually, but it’ll make it a lot easier if we do our talking on the pitch.

I’ll be there on Saturday, I haven’t considered changing my decision to make the 5 hour round trip to do so. I completely understand the various reasons people can’t/don’t attend, but I hope there aren’t too many who have decided to not go based on the three idiots.

Three points and a great atmosphere isn’t going to get rid of all the negative publicity, but it’ll give everyone involved with the club a huge lift which we all really need.

26 minutes ago, Kernow said:

As disappointing as it is, I’m not going to let the actions of individual actions of idiots impact my feelings about my club. It’s horrible to see us get this kind of publicity, and the club is being dragged through the dirt because of the actions of a select few but what more could we have done? Every club has socials or bonding sessions. Do we need to get to a point where a club representative has to babysit these players to make sure they behave? It’s not a case of breaking an ambiguous law or being unlucky. 

I trust the club to leave it with the police and then deal with it in the way they deem fit. What we do need more than anything though is to rally around the club. Give our support to the players who have enough respect and brain cells to be sensible and get to play on Saturday. The hysteria surrounding the incident will pass eventually, but it’ll make it a lot easier if we do our talking on the pitch.

I’ll be there on Saturday, I haven’t considered changing my decision to make the 5 hour round trip to do so. I completely understand the various reasons people can’t/don’t attend, but I hope there aren’t too many who have decided to not go based on the three idiots.

Three points and a great atmosphere isn’t going to get rid of all the negative publicity, but it’ll give everyone involved with the club a huge lift which we all really need.

I’ll be there too. I support the club thick and thin . Come on you Rams!!

10 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I cant believe how backward this club has gone ever since lampard has gone! Even when we were poor i think the fans have had more of a relationship with the players it just seens theres no connection anymore! 

Wasn’t it Lampard who set the drunken ball rolling by blowing thousands of pounds on an unnecessary celebration between the play off semis and the final? 

4 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Wasn’t it Lampard who set the drunken ball rolling by blowing thousands of pounds on an unnecessary celebration between the play off semis and the final? 

Not really they were celebrating, it was a great results! I wasnt on about that i mean the connection between players and the fans i cant remember the last time the club felt like a whole how last season felt! Think the last time was jom smith era 

26 minutes ago, Rambam said:

IMO that was the first sign of unprofessionalism and unconventional culture, which became public. 

During my playing days, I drank once a year and that was after the season was over. Firm believer that footballer's body is the tool he is working with, so obviously need to be taken care of. Otherwise, it is always unprofessional behaviour.

At the time there were saying that one bit heavier night out destroys the physical benefits of two weeks of training. Don't know how scientifically true that claim was.

It's a little disappointing the video has come from Huddlestone too, suggests either he was also far too drunk or he's had a serious lapse of judgement but uploading it in the first place. 

There's were hints from Cocu that other senior players had to step up too, if they were aware how drunk Bennett and Lawrence were they should have stepped in. 

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Said in another thread, I almost can’t bring myself to support this team anymore. It’s reached a new low when you hate your own team, but it really is getting there- certainly a part of the squad anyway. 

Pleased it's not just me ! I honestly have no desire to go on Saturday , I will because of force of habit and won't deprive my son he won't understand how selfish and stupid some of our players are . 

I think it is harsh that people are “finding it difficult to support the club at this time”. To my mind this is exactly when we should grit our teeth and defend DCFC to the hilt to all other clubs supporters. 

Those 3 individuals..... now that is a completely different matter. I would like to see all 3 of them moved on ASAP. I cannot and will not cheer either of them on ever again, they are the ones that have brought shame upon our club. 

My surname is the same as one of these morons and my kids have our surname on the back of their shirts, I now can’t let them go out with their Rams shirts on any longer because of this association. 

I have never felt such hatred towards one of our players ever, these three have broken all the rules and should be dealt with accordingly on a personal level. 

We may as well support fore£t...

Come on folks.

Utterly disgusting behaviour that will be dealt with by courts and club. But to boycott matches or not go because of the behaviour of overpaid spoilt idiots is similarly silly imo  

Our only job is to support the team. So get to the match and hopefully the ones who are left will win at home for the first time this season  

5 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I’m not religious but the phrase he who is without sin cast the first stone.

If mobile phones were about when I went out, I doubt I’d be able to show my face in public again. Been there done that got the t-shirt probably x10.

Personally I think whoever took the videos is a knob. We had a saying, ‘what goes on a night out stays on a night out’.

Our new captain filmed it.

The squad is full of rotters.

Shows how rubbish the Mirror is when that hits their front page..... plus I’m now thinking it’s all made up! (If only ? )

Anyway, I cant wait for tomorrow.... the club and starting 11 needs us more than ever. Come on Derby! Let’s get them lads firing! ???

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Our new captain filmed it.

The squad is full of rotters.

That too is quite a concern. 

Whats more is we have some promising young talent coming through and they see senior “professionals” behaving so poorly. Learnt behaviour and all that, we need real leadership in that dressing room not pathetic, childish, self absorbed individuals or the rot will set in for the foreseeable future. 

Archived