Only Derby County...

SuperDerbySuperRams

This is a new low for us. Disgusting, shameful, our reputation is in tatters. I’m livid. Losing the will to care anymore. And this isn’t about being a fair weather fan, this is a level beyond performances in the pitch. Our off the field antics are embarrassing.

Under Mac1 we were the trendy team playing champagne football the right way. Admired and respected. How far we’ve regressed since that playoff final. It’s so disappointing.

This club is rotten to the core, and it has been for a while. This latest crap is just symptomatic of that. From stadium selling and morally bankrupt shirt numbers, and now a squad we can’t control and who clearly don’t give a flying duck about the club. Derby County are the new villains of the football world. Mel Morris the figure head of it all. Welcome to the poo show.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This is a new low for us. Disgusting, shameful, our reputation is in tatters. I’m livid. Losing the will to care anymore. And this isn’t about being a fair weather fan, this is a level beyond performances in the pitch. Our off the field antics are embarrassing.

Under Mac1 we were the trendy team playing champagne football the right way. Admired and respected. How far we’ve regressed since that playoff final. It’s so disappointing.

This club is rotten to the core, and it has been for a while. This latest crap is just symptomatic of that. From stadium selling and morally bankrupt shirt numbers, and now a squad we can’t control and who clearly don’t give a flying duck about the club. Derby County are the new villains of the football world. Mel Morris the figure head of it all. Welcome to the poo show.

On top of all this we looked two leagues below Leeds on Saturday.

This is the most depressing time to be a Rams fan in a long, long time.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Maybe we should get Nigel Pearson in to clean this mess...

Okay, I'm pushing it.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

We need a fifa style “restart club” button

Those players left who are not injured or attending the magistrates need all our support on Saturday. It cant be easy for the young players so the like of Davies, Huddlestone and Martin need to steady the ship as experienced pros.

They are the only ones who are going to try and drag us out of this mess so deserve our full support. At least they had the sense to do what was right.

No one is above the club or above the law no matter how much you earn. Members of the public rich and poor on the whole have the sense to a get a taxi these 3 will pay heavily for there actions and should rightly be exiled.

4 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Not really they were celebrating, it was a great results! I wasnt on about that i mean the connection between players and the fans i cant remember the last time the club felt like a whole how last season felt! Think the last time was jom smith era 

You should have gone to The Joiners Arms Tuesday night, your connection could have been ignited within a few hours. 

8 hours ago, Kernow said:

I’ll be there on Saturday, I haven’t considered changing my decision to make the 5 hour round trip to do so. I completely understand the various reasons people can’t/don’t attend, but I hope there aren’t too many who have decided to not go based on the three idiots.

Me too...6 hour round trip for me. I don’t make many but I’m delighted I’m going to this one. The crowd can help those on the pitch. We’ve had tough times before. Not similar circumstances but over the 50 plus years I’ve been a fan, we’ve faced some times of turmoil. I expect we’ll come through it as we’ve done before. 

If a few folks decide that they can’t support the Club any more, that’s a personal decision for them. I’d rather be in than out?

21 minutes ago, Squid said:

You can't blame the whole club for the stupid, irresponsible, pathetic decisions of a select few players. Lads like Malone, Martin, Marriott, Buchanan, Waghorn etc have nothing to do with this and should not be dragged into this mess

It's not yet confirmed if or who else was in the car as yet unmentioned .... 

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Get a grip....

35 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Mr B Clough may have been defeated by the demon alcohol in the end but he used to limit his players by buying them a couple of beers. If he said 'That's your lot!' I doubt many brave souls argued.

Not that it matters but that's in direct contradiction of a story I heard Cloughie tell in front of an paying audience about how the players would all stay at the Midland hotel the night before games and get absolutely plastered, but still win the next day. He also told a story about how only players who were internationals were allowed to smoke a fag in the dressing room at half-time

25 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Not that it matters but that's in direct contradiction of a story I heard Cloughie tell in front of an paying audience about how the players would all stay at the Midland hotel the night before games and get absolutely plastered, but still win the next day. He also told a story about how only players who were internationals were allowed to smoke a fag in the dressing room at half-time

Les Green?

3 hours ago, Squid said:

You can't blame the whole club for the stupid, irresponsible, pathetic decisions of a select few players. Lads like Malone, Martin, Marriott, Buchanan, Waghorn etc have nothing to do with this and should not be dragged into this mess

At least three of those six were there… from what I’ve seen and heard, it was a lot more than ‘a small group’

11 hours ago, Rambam said:

Wasn’t it Lampard who set the drunken ball rolling by blowing thousands of pounds on an unnecessary celebration between the play off semis and the final? 

10 hours ago, Dimmu said:

IMO that was the first sign of unprofessionalism and unconventional culture, which became public. 

During my playing days, I drank once a year and that was after the season was over. Firm believer that footballer's body is the tool he is working with, so obviously need to be taken care of. Otherwise, it is always unprofessional behaviour.

At the time there were saying that one bit heavier night out destroys the physical benefits of two weeks of training. Don't know how scientifically true that claim was.

Exactly this. My team had non-alcohol pacts to run through a season because of the obvious benefits. These are highly paid professional athletes with incredible opportunities not available to the rest of us. Yet they vomit away the chance they've been down a dirty pub urinal.

One of my rules if you wanted to play for my team would be no drinking during the season. I'd hope the players get together and decide upon this themselves from hereon. That way, some good may come of this.

Archived