Overreaction

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Popular side said:

“Lesson taken and we know what we have to improve the next time we play Forest."...... meaningless drivel. Fact

No, that's still your opinion & what's wrong with saying we learn from our mistakes?. Meaningless drivel would have been to do nothing but talk positively about that game.

3 minutes ago, Popular side said:

wonder what it could be, the lesson ? ? 

Dunno. Neck armour for Keogh?

2 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

No, that's still your opinion & what's wrong with saying we learn from our mistakes?. Meaningless drivel would have been to do nothing but talk positively about that game.

Dunno. Neck armour for Keogh?

Hmm you might be right. It’s quite insightful really what he’s saying. He’s probably considering making 10 changes to the side , next time we play them?. He’s a muppet 

2 hours ago, Popular side said:

“Lesson taken and we know what we have to improve the next time we play Forest."...... meaningless drivel. Fact

wonder what it could be, the lesson ? ? 

Until he starts talking about his trainers or his love for the club, I believe he has a long way to go before he can even come close to the inane garbage some have coughed up.

19 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Until he starts talking about his trainers or his love for the club, I believe he has a long way to go before he can even come close to the inane garbage some have coughed up.

Ah.. Gary ‘the ego’ Rowett . 

But he’s started well with his ‘ if we had scored more and conceded less we would probably have more points’ ?

’I have learned a lesson about playing a forest 2nd eleven with our second eleven, next time I am ready’ ?

he does come across as a bit of a muppet

2 minutes ago, Popular side said:

Ah.. Gary ‘the ego’ Rowett . 

But he’s started well with his ‘ if we had scored more and conceded less we would probably have more points’ ?

’I have learned a lesson about playing a forest 2nd eleven with our second eleven, next time I am ready’ ?

he does come across as a bit of a muppet

Can’t wait for some more of his ‘cocopops’ 

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair to old snakey, it was quality when he mentioned we were forest's last big game of the season.

Last I heard he was training to be a double glazing salesmen, cos of the patter... “No Gary! it’s not”.. ‘we replace quality windows with inferior ones ‘ 

Not sure what the split is of people who are upset about Tuesday and those who are not, but I was surprised when I discussed with my old man and brother last night they were also not particularly bothered like me. I think I had a gut feeling he was going to make a lot of changes and that’s why in my mind the game was nothing more than an extension of pre-season. We play Forest twice a year, the FA Cup is bigger so a Forest Carabao Cup game to me doesn’t matter. If like last season we’d drawn a big premier league team like United or Chelsea, I would’ve been more disappointed we’d put out a weakened team. I only get excited about the league cup if we have a big premier league draw earlier or if we get to the late stages.

Given what teams did this week with fielding weakened sides, the future of the league cup is definitely under threat, especially if UEFA have their way with the ridiculous champions league proposals, which would be a major step to a European League.

Anyway we move on, the last league performance against West Brom was encouraging. I like the way Cocu talks about the game, extremely insightful and we’ve already seen this season in games that matter he really doesn’t like losing. The way he’s spoken about the squad, Bielik and Dowell this week shows to me he knows what he’s doing and he certainly isn’t afraid to voice his opinion and make tough decisions. Let’s face it, whether you agree with his decision to field a weakened side against forest or not, you have to admit it was a ballsy move.

39 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Anyway we move on, the last league performance against West Brom was encouraging. I like the way Cocu talks about the game, extremely insightful and we’ve already seen this season in games that matter he really doesn’t like losing. The way he’s spoken about the squad, Bielik and Dowell this week shows to me he knows what he’s doing and he certainly isn’t afraid to voice his opinion and make tough decisions. Let’s face it, whether you agree with his decision to field a weakened side against forest or not, you have to admit it was a ballsy move.

Running across the M1 motorway could also be considered as a ballsy move but wouldn't necessarily affirm a huge amount of intelligence or draw a massive amount of plaudits.

He's done what he's done so let's move on, if nothing has been gained constructively from the exercise then quite rightly he will also be judged on this though in the final analysis.

I suspect that if we beat Brentford today then this will quickly be forgotten, if we lose then it will linger for longer than it should do which Cocu also needs to reflect on. 

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not sure what the split is of people who are upset about Tuesday and those who are not, but I was surprised when I discussed with my old man and brother last night they were also not particularly bothered like me. I think I had a gut feeling he was going to make a lot of changes and that’s why in my mind the game was nothing more than an extension of pre-season. We play Forest twice a year, the FA Cup is bigger so a Forest Carabao Cup game to me doesn’t matter. If like last season we’d drawn a big premier league team like United or Chelsea, I would’ve been more disappointed we’d put out a weakened team. I only get excited about the league cup if we have a big premier league draw earlier or if we get to the late stages.

Given what teams did this week with fielding weakened sides, the future of the league cup is definitely under threat, especially if UEFA have their way with the ridiculous champions league proposals, which would be a major step to a European League.

Yes agree it was a massive ballsy move and very surprised given the opposition

As for coming out and speaking about players in the open is one thing however its not long before these overpaid players through there dummys out the pram and the dressing room gets lost.Seen this happen time and time again

Archived