v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

4 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and risk a lot of ridicule... but I reckon Mel should refund the supporter's tickets who went to that poo shower tonight. They bought those tickets in good faith, hoping to beat our arch rivals only to find out the manager wants to literally throw the match for the sake of teaching a few of our wee youths a hard lesson.

Unacceptable.

You and me on the same page said this at half time,a lot of those guys there spend there hard earned cash and for that dross 

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I like the team. It's a time for heroes. Buchanan earnt his place with the winning goal in the last round. Sibley, Bennett and Whittaker will be absolutely gagging to get going.

We have a solid spine of Hamer, Davies, Clarke, Evans and Bennett. Holmes is getting game time.

Beginning to get excited now. Come on you Rams! ???

Bless ya 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't think i'd necessarily subscribe to the logic that a cup run is necessarily bad for a championship club. 

A promotion chasing one (if we are that) I think it is. Been a few squads run out of steam over the years after cup runs.....if your a mid table team, like when we got to the semi final...now that was great.

I knew that was coming as soon as the lineup was announced. Very disappointed that Cocu didn’t treat it with the respect it deserved. He sent lambs to the slaughter and it’ll have done nothing for their confidence. 

Not disappointed in the players on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The bigger picture is that we are at a stage where we need to start bringing through our own youngsters. 

A cup run is always welcome for finances and for getting minutes for players but it is not a priority.

We have only won one match correct, you realise we have only lost on two right.

We have played bottom of the league yes, we have also played 3 of the top 8.

I'm not deluded, I was actually worried that with a new manager and players that we might have no points yet. The deluded people are the ones getting their knickers in a twist after 5 games.

Out of interest how many times did you see Bielek play at Charlton? Hasn't Cocu said he was playing him at centre back because it is easier to get up to match fitness playing there?

Saw quite a bit to be fair as have a mate that supports them. Was a class apart...plus you only have to look at what Bowyer said about him. We had a poor transfer window bar him 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Lose on Saturday and everyone is annoyed 

I'm annoyed now.

Team out there had enough to make it a match but didn't.

they made 8 changes we made 10 they just played better and sounds like they wanted it more.

Saying it's because we played some young players is making an excuse. There were some experienced pros in that side. Just performed poorly on the night. Huge caveat of I've not seen in, only listened to radio Derby, but we were well beaten, played badly. Might not be that big a deal in the long run, but I feel for all you who have to work with forest fans tomorrow.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

A promotion chasing one (if we are that) I think it is. Been a few squads run out of steam over the years after cup runs.....if your a mid table team, like when we got to the semi final...now that was great.

I don't think many people expect us to get promotion this year at least i certainly don't. We had a cup run under Lampard and it didn't kill us, neither did it under McClaren when we could easily have got to an FA cup semi. 

2 minutes ago, Finch said:

Not surprised, Red Dogs mean business this year. Whereas we are in rebuild yet again.

They beat our U23s let’s keep it real, they’ve achieved nothing from tonights result. In the cold light of day we’ve possibly gained more than we currently believe from this experience. Every cloud people. 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm annoyed now.

they made 8 changes we made 10 they just played better and sounds like they wanted it more.

Saying it's because we played some young players is making an excuse. There were some experienced pros in that side. Just performed poorly on the night. Huge caveat of I've not seen in, only listened to radio Derby, but we were well beaten, played badly. Might not be that big a deal in the long run, but I feel for all you who have to work with forest fans tomorrow.

I would put it to you that it could have been a poor performance made worse by hearing the game through the eyes of Dawes and Rammage.

Sounds dreadful tonight, but however bad it is, those pair can make it seem 10% worse.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm annoyed now.

That is true but even those taking it philosophically now (I'm torn myself) will be especially frustrated if for Brentford we don't get a result. It now puts extra pressure on the players to get a result on saturday I think. 

Can’t be added to read through what is inevitably an argument between happy clappers, wrist slashers, and people who sit somewhere in the middle. 

Now it’s time for me to wade in with my tuppence worth. 

Anyone who thinks Cocu was going to select any other team than this wasn’t paying much attention when he got appointed.

one of his prime objectives was to bring through youth. One of his greatest skills and achievements at PSV is the way he brought through youth. The only way you can bring them through is by playing them in matches.

Youth can’t win every game they play. That is a fantasy and a pipe dream. Which is not to say they were set up to loose tonight, but not was the primary objective to necessarily win. The primary objective is to give the young players minutes in a competitive match, against higher level opposition. The fact that it’s forest and gives them that added pressure to deal with is a bonus.

Ultimately, would you rather loose 3-0 to forest in the cup, or in the league?

take this loss today, and when we play them in the league with a team made up of half the same players, now valued at millions each, and return the tonking, the long term benefit will be realised. 

If cocu has played a full strength team, beat forest, drawn a premier league team next round, the opportunity for these lads to have a run out against championship opposition would have been lost, for the sake of short term gratification and bragging rights. 

Maybe im a happy clapper, but I’m willing to trust the guy that has a proven track record of achieving the goal of bringing youth through, for all the benefits that will eventually bring us. 

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Forest unbeaten in 7 against us. It doesn’t feel like that but that is piss poor, especially when you consider we’ve been consistently better than them over recent years 

really? you sure?

Archived