Calm down, calm down

IslandExile

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to Cocu before the Bristol game he said if we won it would turn a good start to a great start to the season

Lets say we lose again Saturday i wonder if will see that as a good start in to a very poor start.

Tough game Saturday then Florist away in the cup lets see how calm we all are come Tuesday at 10pm

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We’ve been berating this years intake and also franks transfers (flojo, Evans, waggy mainly) and also rowetts (Lawrence hudds)

but isnt the constant in these dealings the recruitment team?

It is however when you keep changing managers as quickly as you change your underwear there lies the problem new managers come in who have to take on the previous managers rubbish

2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

It is however when you keep changing managers as quickly as you change your underwear there lies the problem new managers come in who have to take on the previous managers rubbish

Not much of a pitch as a recruiting team tho is it.....

”whoever you are,

whatever your style,

we’ll always deliver you

ruuuu.....bish”.    ?

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not much of a pitch as a recruiting team tho is it.....

”whoever you are,

whatever your style,

we’ll always deliver you

ruuuu.....bish”.    ?

Is it as likely that the recruiting team offer numerous targets and our managers having been choosing the ones they feel are best? Clement must have chosen Blackman over every other striker available, shirley?! ?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is it as likely that the recruiting team offer numerous targets and our managers having been choosing the ones they feel are best? Clement must have chosen Blackman over every other striker available, shirley?! ?

That was the Rush era though. We can but hope that we’ve moved on.....

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If nick Blackman was one of the answers, the mind boggles at what the question must have been.......or (shudder) who else was on the list?

”ok Paul, you asked us to source players who are in the form of their lives and can run a bit and that you know.

so we’ve come up with.......sergo Ramos, nick blackman, Barry from accounts......what’re your thoughts?”

?

2 hours ago, Rampant said:

OP is spot on. That sort of calm rationality is exactly what us supporters should get on board with. 

You are not wrong, but I would wager that after our first loss in 1884 some ancestors of the moaners on here were throwing themselves under horse and carriages. It’s in their DNA.

8 hours ago, angieram said:

I totally agree with what you have said @IslandExile.

However, with one or two of the usual exceptions, I  just see people posting about what they are seeing on the pitch in these first few games. I don’t think we're in meltdown at all.

It's ok to acknowledge and discuss both the positives and the shortcomings of performances whilst still remaining firmly behind the long term vision for the club, I think. 

Otherwise we'd have nothing to talk about other than Rooney's latest shenanigans! 

Absolutely right @angieram. We are fans and supporters and whilst we support we still have a right to point out the short-comings and air our views and disappointments, albeit in a balanced fashion. Being unhappy with things is possible whilst simultaneously being behind the direction of the Club. Healthy agreement and disagreements are the essence of being part of an organisation; it provides the grist and energy that drive things forward. And as a body us fans have an abundance of experience and knowledge about Derby County that nobody else...not even the Lampards of this World can top. Imagine if we counted the years of experience of the fans that contribute just to this forum; it would run into thousands. I’m not saying we always or even usually know better than the people running the Club as often we don’t have the full facts behind tactics, selection and transfer dealings; but we have a view that is worth understanding. Mel Morris knows that. Brian Clough knew that. Derby County fans are knowledgeable and experienced discerners of players and teams down the years...Derby is a football town as somebody rightly pointed out. We know what the potential is and we know the sort of football that brings success. 

Let’s keep the faith. There are so many positives at the Club right now and things will move onwards and upwards. Cocu et al have the potential to form a dynasty here with a fair wind and we’ll continue to embrace it and point out the gaps along the way. 

On 24/08/2019 at 01:59, Cisse said:

I'm hoping for a long era with Cocu. The team we have currently however ain't the one we will go up with. Give Cocu a couple of seasons and he can take us to the next level as a club.

We can only hope. Similar overtures were made regarding Mac 1, Clement, Rowett and Lampard. (not sure about Mac 2 & Nigel Pearson) 

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Talk about playing for likes

Embarrassing 

Why have you always got to be so objectionable?

The OP is perfectly valid and makes more than a few sensible observations. Maybe you could try doing the same once in a while. The fact is, the only thing embarrassing in the entire thread is your snide little post. 

Archived