Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ThePrisoner

The Matchday Announcer

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well said to all of it. The morning in London and en route to Wembley it was all Derby but we contrived to kill the atmosphere and lose the momentum. Of course the selection didn't help...

Meanwhile, I can't take my old man to matches anymore because of the loud PA. He has a neurological issue that he can't cope with loud electronic noise. I'd have thought it would be the same for a lot of people. Real shame.

I know absolutely nothing relating to neurological issues, so forgive me for what may prove be a completely inane suggestion*, but wouldn't a decent pair of ear plugs cut it?   They even do personally moulded ones for added sound reduction and comfort.  Many motorcyclists use them, for obvious reasons.

 

*Anything's worth a mention, if it helps get an Old Ram back in his/her seat!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I know absolutely nothing relating to neurological issues, so forgive me for what may prove be a completely inane suggestion*, but wouldn't a decent pair of ear plugs cut it?   They even do personally moulded ones for added sound reduction and comfort.  Many motorcyclists use them, for obvious reasons.

 

*Anything's worth a mention, if it helps get an Old Ram back in his/her seat!

Has got me thinking (thanks). I'll talk with him about it. I was also wondering about the newly opened "sensitivity room" where we could watch from behind the glass, but I'm not sure how sound proofed that is. Will ask the club.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/08/2019 at 18:03, Jourdan said:

At Napoli, they have a local DJ who goes by the name of Decibel Bellini - so it’s someone who is experienced in that field and used to working a crowd.

He has become quite famous for his passionate style. He keeps it very simple - he comes on, announces the teams before kick off, and then announces the goal scorer.

He shows that you really don’t have to overcomplicate it. But he also understands his audience - the Napoli fans obviously like his style so he gets great feedback.

With ours, he does the same thing week in week out and the response is lukewarm. So why not try something different?

 

 

Brilliant. Could we have him and Cavani at PP ?

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/08/2019 at 18:01, NewquayRam said:

anything that the fans will sing too, Seven nation army, Chelsea dagger anything, but not Frankie goes to Hollywood.

Could even do a bit of a mix and do Frankie Goes to Chelsea

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Brilliant. Could we have him and Cavani at PP ?

Well Cavani has never played in the Premier League.

He is out of contract in 2020.

Paterson goes back to Bristol City in 2020, relinquishing #7.

We get promoted in May.

Herbal Essences is our new kit sponsor in another record breaking deal.

Can you imagine? 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/08/2019 at 10:59, ThePrisoner said:

Why have you quoted me with something I haven't said?

Does seem a bit harsh. Maybe he's a policeman and he can't help himself.  😄

Share this post


Link to post

I thought that the pre match bit at Wembley with the 2 'cheerleaders' was cringeworthy. Same at PP v Swansea. 

All a bit 'Hi-de-hi campers'. Embarrassing.

The volume of the speakers was ridiculous too pre-match v Swansea.

amateur 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/08/2019 at 12:30, Duracell said:

Always wonder what away fans think. I know you shouldn’t care about others’ opinions. But in all my travels, I do get the feeling we have by the far the cringiest pre-match routine.

I genuinely believe it kills the atmosphere. I can’t hear the South Stand from the East Stand before kick off.

We’re not American soccer fans. Stop telling us to “make some noise.”

I’m trying my best to put this politely, but it is extremely frustrating to spend the money on travelling up from London to have your match experience so forcibly and loudly spoiled. 

To be fair. I am not a fan of the announcer. However to combat your lack of not being able to hear the south stand. How about chanting yourself and getting the east stand rocking.

Dont rely on the south stand and the announcer wouldn't have to try to drum up the crowd.

This is what is lacking at PP

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Well Cavani has never played in the Premier League.

He is out of contract in 2020.

Paterson goes back to Bristol City in 2020, relinquishing #7.

We get promoted in May.

Herbal Essences is our new kit sponsor in another record breaking deal.

Can you imagine? 😂

 

I can...and it's made Friday an even better day!

Hope the sponsor is the legal stuff we've got enough stick with a betting company!

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

To be fair. I am not a fan of the announcer. However to combat your lack of not being able to hear the south stand. How about chanting yourself and getting the east stand rocking.

Dont rely on the south stand and the announcer wouldn't have to try to drum up the crowd.

This is what is lacking at PP

I do it every week! You just can’t hear me over the PA.

Always wondered why my “can you hear the BathRam72 sing?” got no reply.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I do it every week! You just can’t hear me over the PA.

Always wondered why my “can you hear the BathRam72 sing?” got no reply.

Obviously because the PA is too loud

Share this post


Link to post

"East Stand, East Stand, Give us a Song..."

"West Stand, West Stand, Give us a Song..."

"North Stand, North Stand, Give us a Song..."

 

I love being in the NE Corner.  It's like being in No-Man's Land!  No-one ever bothers me, and I only sing when I'm in the mood, instead of doing so "Because the South Stand told me to"!   :-)  

Share this post


Link to post

Loads of us said after Wembley we need a real club song we can all join in with. 

Like it or not Villa out pre matched us, out sung us and their fans were also very ‘family’ demographic  

The problem......no one willing to take the lead and experiment, everyone disagreeing etc. 

Whatever it is needs to be a ‘club’ song, not related to players, manages or chairman as they all come and go. 

I’m on holiday until the West Brom game so haven’t had the pleasure of the pre match guy this season yet, but last year was loud and miss matched. 

 

Suggestions? 

With some thoughts...

Come on Eileen

Come on, Eileen, oh I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
You in that dress, my thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty
Ah, come on, Eileen

 

To

Come on Derby:-

Come on Derby oh we know what this means

At this moment, you mean everything

You in that kit, oh we must confess

you look brilliant

come on Derby

 

Or as suggested -

Sweet Caroline.

 One, touching one
Reaching out, touching me, touching you

Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I'd be inclined
To believe they never would
Oh no, no

Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good
Sweet Caroline
I believe they never could

Sweet Caroline

To

Sweet Derby Mine:-

One, touching one
Reaching out, touching me, touching you

Sweet Derby mine 

Good times never seemed so good
I'd be inclined
To believe they never would
So Good, So Good 

Sweet Derby Mine 
Good times never seemed so good
Sweet Derby Mine 
I believe they never could

Sweet Derby Mine 

 

etc  

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Loads of us said after Wembley we need a real club song we can all join in with. 

Like it or not Villa out pre matched us, out sung us and their fans were also very ‘family’ demographic  

The problem......no one willing to take the lead and experiment, everyone disagreeing etc. 

Whatever it is needs to be a ‘club’ song, not related to players, manages or chairman as they all come and go. 

I’m on holiday until the West Brom game so haven’t had the pleasure of the pre match guy this season yet, but last year was loud and miss matched. 

 

Suggestions? 

With some thoughts...

Come on Eileen

Come on, Eileen, oh I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
You in that dress, my thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty
Ah, come on, Eileen

 

To

Come on Derby:-

Come on Derby oh we know what this means

At this moment, you mean everything

You in that kit, oh we must confess

you look brilliant

come on Derby

 

Or as suggested -

Sweet Caroline.

 One, touching one
Reaching out, touching me, touching you

Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I'd be inclined
To believe they never would
Oh no, no

Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good
Sweet Caroline
I believe they never could

Sweet Caroline

To

Sweet Derby Mine:-

One, touching one
Reaching out, touching me, touching you

Sweet Derby mine 

Good times never seemed so good
I'd be inclined
To believe they never would
So Good, So Good 

Sweet Derby Mine 
Good times never seemed so good
Sweet Derby Mine 
I believe they never could

Sweet Derby Mine 

 

etc  

 

Don't give up the day job 😉

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/08/2019 at 10:59, ThePrisoner said:

Why have you quoted me with something I haven't said?

If you highlight and quote section the quoted part of someone's post it will quote the person that quoted and not the original poster, as it is the person who quoted's post that is being quoted.

Hope you don't ming quoting you to tell how the quotes work. 

Quote of the day

black and white quote GIF

Share this post


Link to post

Will there be any changes tonight? We will see! Not particularly hopeful but I do know the club responds to stuff we say here occasionally. 
 

The announcer can say so much more with what he doesn’t say. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.