The Matchday Announcer

ThePrisoner

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Will there be any changes tonight? We will see! Not particularly hopeful but I do know the club responds to stuff we say here occasionally. 

The announcer can say so much more with what he doesn’t say. 

That reminds me, must remember my ear defenders for pre match tonight.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Will there be any changes tonight? We will see! Not particularly hopeful but I do know the club responds to stuff we say here occasionally. 

The announcer can say so much more with what he doesn’t say. 

What was that? Speak up man, I can't hear you. I've got my ear muffs on in anticipation.

One positive note last night was the club seemed to have noticed this thread and things were a lot better. The crowd started building the atmosphere themselves and weren't deafened. Steve Bloomer right before kick off while the players in the huddle just like before.

I didn't enjoy the "Derby, Derby, Derby" chants piped into the PA before the game though nor the cringey reading of the team sheet however.

18 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

One positive note last night was the club seemed to have noticed this thread and things were a lot better. The crowd started building the atmosphere themselves and weren't deafened. Steve Bloomer right before kick off while the players in the huddle just like before.

I didn't enjoy the "Derby, Derby, Derby" chants piped into the PA before the game though nor the cringey reading of the team sheet however.

YES!

Probably due to something else other than our world-class moaning, but I too noticed the drop in volume and thought it was fantastic.

Nice to have some genuine atmosphere build up pre-match.

Next on the agenda - stop the club forcing the players to come out to a song you’d hear on the strip of Zante in 2012.

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

YES!

Probably due to something else other than our world-class moaning, but I too noticed the drop in volume and thought it was fantastic.

Nice to have some genuine atmosphere build up pre-match.

Next on the agenda - stop the club forcing the players to come out to a song you’d hear on the strip of Zante in 2012.

You mean this annoying song?

3 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

You mean this annoying song?

I didn’t mean that, I actually meant the one we walk on to the pitch to, but thank you for reminding me of terrible pre-match routines under Rowett and the taste of overpriced and watered down fishbowls masking my nervousness for A-level results simultaneously.

On 14/08/2019 at 22:33, angieram said:

When we started playing that remix of Mr Brightside I took the trouble to look it up and tried to sing along to it but it's not exactly catchy, is it?

I appreciate we’re of different ages, but it’s iconic amongst my generation for being the song that absolutely everybody knows the lyrics to. It’s belted out on dancefloors at many a club. 

54 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I didn’t mean that, I actually meant the one we walk on to the pitch to, but thank you for reminding me of terrible pre-match routines under Rowett and the taste of overpriced and watered down fishbowls masking my nervousness for A-level results simultaneously.

You’re right, the entrance song is absolutely horrific. I think people are getting far too wound up by the pre-match fare to be honest, but I do cringe every time I hear that siren thing as the players walk out of the tunnel.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I appreciate we’re of different ages, but it’s iconic amongst my generation for being the song that absolutely everybody knows the lyrics to. It’s belted out on dancefloors at many a club. 

So why wasn't everyone of your age belting it out at Pride Park at ten to three on a Saturday afternoon, then? 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

So why wasn't everyone of your age belting it out at Pride Park at ten to three on a Saturday afternoon, then? 

No idea. I can’t really think of a time when people have sung along to a pre-match song though. Even Steve Bloomer’s Watching is only clapped along to.

I ducking hate Mr. Brightside. I've had to hear it at basically every social gathering of people my age since it was released, usually comes up multiple times on those playlists.
I'm sure I enjoyed it in the past.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No idea. I can’t really think of a time when people have sung along to a pre-match song though. Even Steve Bloomer’s Watching is only clapped along to.

In that case it doesn't matter what trendy crap they put out, does it? 

As I said previously everyone sings to the opposition music at away games because they are songs the majority know. Same at T20. 

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You’re right, the entrance song is absolutely horrific. I think people are getting far too wound up by the pre-match fare to be honest, but I do cringe every time I hear that siren thing as the players walk out of the tunnel.

I thought this was more the sort of thing you individually listen to when on nights out ?

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

spacer.png

Haha. The song has truly inspirational lyrics about some drunk jealous guy. He's probably lost his bird because he's too ducking drunk to pay her proper attention.  

And this is meant to get the crowd and players up for a game of football? 

Bedsit music at very best! 

It was nice to be able to chat before the game without the noise! In West we were singing to Stevie B. Thought it was good.

Not sure if its mentioned elsewhere but Bristol bus did have its engine off from at least 50 minutes before KO to sometime after. Eco warriors win! 

Archived