U23s v Chelsea

Day

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby started well and had a good first 5 minutes or so, but since then we've been pegged back and were struggling to get out and into the Chelsea half. The opposition had the ball in the net from an early attack, but it was correctly given offside.

I don't know what odds people got for Chelsea before kickoff but it looks as though there's been a pile on as they're now odds-on.

Game swings back to Derby. Hunt is looking better on the ball than I've seen before and just headed wide from a set piece and after a good Derby spell. New signing Hector-Ingram also headed wide from a decent chance. He looks as though he could prove a great find for us, transferred from West Ham (who apparently offered him a new contract). Rams first corner.

Jayden Bogle is at the game which augers well for his injury prospects! Rams second corner!

55 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's a very young team.

Looks like we've signed the Trialist then.

And that Sibley, Bird and Knight will be around the squad tomorrow evening.

And, dare I hope, Martin?

Martin is our third forward like Nugent last season so he ought to be playing with Marriott as they need game time 

Chelsea looked bigger, more aggressive and more competent. 

Derby looked a bit naive. Just need to pass earlier and with more accuracy so the attackers can run at their opponents. They got poor service, much of it in the air against some giant defenders.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Derby started well and had a good first 5 minutes or so, but since then we've been pegged back and were struggling to get out and into the Chelsea half. The opposition had the ball in the net from an early attack, but it was correctly given offside.

I don't know what odds people got for Chelsea before kickoff but it looks as though there's been a pile on as they're now odds-on.

Game swings back to Derby. Hunt is looking better on the ball than I've seen before and just headed wide from a set piece and after a good Derby spell. New signing Hector-Ingram also headed wide from a decent chance. He looks as though he could prove a great find for us, transferred from West Ham (who apparently offered him a new contract). Rams first corner.

Jayden Bogle is at the game which augers well for his injury prospects! Rams second corner!

Did you see him walking or hobbling ?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Chelsea looked bigger, more aggressive and more competent. 

Derby looked a bit naive. Just need to pass earlier and with more accuracy so the attackers can run at their opponents. They got poor service, much of it in the air against some giant defenders.

In fairness aren't all the better and a bit older u23s not playing tonight ?

Archived