U23s v Chelsea

David

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness aren't all the better and a bit older u23s not playing tonight ?

Yes sure. I'm only saying what I saw. 

They will learn from games like these. There is a big step up to the championship and physically they need to be ready for the challenge. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

What was the score? 

Only 1-0. I would’ve expected a bit of a thrashing given we were missing half a team. So that’s a pretty decent achievement.

thats the point of the u23s though I guess. It’s a bit perverse really, if they’re doing too well, it means the players in there are good, but not finding a path to the first team. So you don’t really want them running away with the league. 

Ive heard interviews with Darren wassall saying he measures success in terms of how many of his guys get in the first team, not by their position in the table. 

14 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Did you see him walking or hobbling ?

I wasn't there. It's what they said on the RamsTV commentary in the first half, but then I had to go out so don't know if more was mentioned. See it's been said that Steve Nicholson (DET) mentioned Bogle was at the game wearing a protective boot. There were conflicting reports after the game at the weekend, so I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be the knee.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Appears that your guess is wrong! ?

Not a guess, Martin is still with us and a good centre forward and can hold the ball up which Marriott defiantly  doesn’t do on his own and Waghorn is very mixed at it - we need Martin at least until Rooney arrives.

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not a guess, Martin is still with us and a good centre forward and can hold the ball up which Marriott defiantly  doesn’t do on his own and Waghorn is very mixed at it - we need Martin at least until Rooney arrives.

Doesn't look like he is our third choice striker though.

Archived