David

U23s v Chelsea

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness aren't all the better and a bit older u23s not playing tonight ?

Yes sure. I'm only saying what I saw. 

They will learn from games like these. There is a big step up to the championship and physically they need to be ready for the challenge. 

7 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

What was the score? 

Only 1-0. I would’ve expected a bit of a thrashing given we were missing half a team. So that’s a pretty decent achievement.

thats the point of the u23s though I guess. It’s a bit perverse really, if they’re doing too well, it means the players in there are good, but not finding a path to the first team. So you don’t really want them running away with the league. 

Ive heard interviews with Darren wassall saying he measures success in terms of how many of his guys get in the first team, not by their position in the table. 

14 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Did you see him walking or hobbling ?

I wasn't there. It's what they said on the RamsTV commentary in the first half, but then I had to go out so don't know if more was mentioned. See it's been said that Steve Nicholson (DET) mentioned Bogle was at the game wearing a protective boot. There were conflicting reports after the game at the weekend, so I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be the knee.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Appears that your guess is wrong! 😉

Not a guess, Martin is still with us and a good centre forward and can hold the ball up which Marriott defiantly  doesn’t do on his own and Waghorn is very mixed at it - we need Martin at least until Rooney arrives.

This result and performance look decent now in the light of around half the team having missed it to play for the seniors and not look out of place. If those lads also play regularly for the U23s plus a few of the senior lads here and there it'll be a strong squad 

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not a guess, Martin is still with us and a good centre forward and can hold the ball up which Marriott defiantly  doesn’t do on his own and Waghorn is very mixed at it - we need Martin at least until Rooney arrives.

Doesn't look like he is our third choice striker though.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who’s played on the wing every time he’s been on the pitch for the first team..

Well I'd say the fact hes been on the pitch for us in the last 3 seasons would put him ahead of Martin in the pecking order.