U23s v Chelsea

David

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Will Frank and/or Jody come to the game? Hope the U23s can kick the season off in style. Will be interesting to see who's involved with the Scunny game tomorrow. 

Doubt it. They will be ready to go to Turkey for the super Cup game against Liverpool on weds. 

40 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It will be interesting to see who plays tonight, as I imagine there will be a few young lads with one eye on their potential selection tomorrow. 

I would have thought anyone selected for tomorrow wont be selected today. 

17 minutes ago, sage said:

I would have thought anyone selected for tomorrow wont be selected today. 

Aye, which means it will be interesting to see when Knight, Bird, Bateman, Sibley and Whittaker will be named. I could say the same about a couple others too. 

I've lumped on Chelsea based on the fact that we have three of our back four missing: Buchanan, McDonald, Bateman. We have our three midfielders obviously in the first team picture: Sibley, Knight, Bird. We have obviously decided to take a closer look at Whittaker and potentially Wilson, who I believe was making great strides and you would suspect in the team.  

Chelsea will have a decent side out no doubt, so I suspect they will have too much for us. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

I've lumped on Chelsea based on the fact that we have three of our back four missing: Buchanan, McDonald, Bateman. We have our three midfielders obviously in the first team picture: Sibley, Knight, Bird. We have obviously decided to take a closer look at Whittaker and potentially Wilson, who I believe was making great strides and you would suspect in the team.  

Chelsea will have a decent side out no doubt, so I suspect they will have too much for us. 

You've got more names in there than I have - great stuff.

I did wonder whether Buchanan and Wilson might have played for under 19s on Saturday? There's a brief match report on there but no team. I haven't watched the highlights yet.

Gilmour and Castillo are highly rated, also I think that Guehi was actually voted in the nominees for the best young player in Europe - he was in the final 80 along with Ampadu & Mount. He will be captain. 

It will be interesting to see how we stand up to the tally, but looking at the odds I would definitely put some money on Chelsea if you already haven't. 

Archived