Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

Just noticed they have the option of a January recall which is such a horrible clause to have in. He hits form and we lose out.

Probably means we're going back in for some of the targets we missed out / new targets in January - and don't care if he sticks around.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jono said:

He’ll have my full support when he walks on the pitch 

but it puzzles me, he doesn’t seem to be a genius in the making and doesn’t seem to like Derby .. is it just that he’s the right shaped peg for a particular hole. ?  I’m a bit meh with this one

Watch him become Cocu’s master stroke and make me look a right plonker 

Him looking really good  v. You looking a plonker. No brainer, Jono.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Just noticed they have the option of a January recall which is such a horrible clause to have in. He hits form and we lose out.

All 3 parties will have to agree wont they?

7 minutes ago, JfR said:

On a related note, in an insomnia-fuelled fit of anoraky boredom, I once went through the Derby County Players and Nottingham Forest Players categories on Wikipedia and compiled a list of every player I could find that played for both us and the trees, and on the basis of that research Paterson is number 76. Now you know.

Can you post it please? There can’t be two other clubs in the country with that many links 

He says he's known about the interest for "a while". Interesting. 

Wasn't the first guy we went for today, pretty sure of that. Obviously poked around to see who was available some time ago.

He'll get into training tomorrow, the lads will relentlessly take the piss regarding his previous comments, and probably throughout the session then park it when walking back from the training pitch.

I'd suggest we as fans do the same, moan a bit tonight then leave it behind, get behind the fella and trust in Cocu's judgement as to his usefulness.

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Really? That’s pretty poo. We could be promotion rivals and if we and he has momentum by doing well in the league they could just decide to re-call to try to disrupt the momentum 

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I have been thinking much the same thing. The tune appears to have changed radically from 3 weeks ago.

How so? We've got no-one ready to bang on the right wing door right now. Maybe in the second half of the season, but not right now. 

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I have been thinking much the same thing. The tune appears to have changed radically from 3 weeks ago.

How does it? We don't have any really good young wingers coming through, loaning a player out is perfect for the younger players, they can come through when they're ready without a permanent signing blocking them.

Archived