Scott Sinclair - signed for PNE

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If he was to be signed it would be a little bit more complicated as it would be an international transfer and I may be wrong but doesn’t Scotland have bank holidays where nobody works apart from essential services 

It’s Scotland, nobody works any day of the year!

10 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

No loss to us imo

The amount of times we say this as Derby fans and said player reaches the premier league before us.

Sol Bamba being the best one.

Although, on this occasion, as much as I would have been happy with Sinclair, it probably shows that we looking at targets identified by Cocu, because if we were so close to signing him in August, you would think he would be joining Derby.

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The amount of times we say this as Derby fans and said player reaches the premier league before us.

Sol Bamba being the best one.

Although, on this occasion, as much as I would have been happy with Sinclair, it probably shows that we looking at targets identified by Cocu, because if we were so close to signing him in August, you would think he would be joining Derby.

Agreed . Ollie Watkins on fast track to that also 

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe we do still want him but cant do anything until the takeover is finalised. Still think we may make a move for him.

Can't see it. Doesn't really fit what we are doing now. Can't see us signing older players on a large wage anymore.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe we do still want him but cant do anything until the takeover is finalised. Still think we may make a move for him.

If PC wanted him, we'd get him. If he's on the verge of a move to PNE we aren't interested

Sinclair striles me as too short term for us now. In August maybe he could have been a player to incorporate as a key first teamer for a few years, but now you'd be talking someone who would take time to bed in and who you'd already be looking to replace in 18 months. 

I'd imagine anyone taking him now would be just taking over the last 6 months of his contract. Not saying they wouldn't open discussions about keeping him longer, but there would have to be serious renegotiations in June to bring his salary down. A worthwhile gamble for someone like Preston to see if they can do the playoffs and make a decision after that.

I have no idea how good he is these days, I'm just summising he's not what we'll be chasing. I expect we'd go loan over stop gap. 

Doesn't it just mean that Preston's offer has been accepted first?

Its up to us to match it if we are interested. 

He then has the option to talk to us too.

for whichever winger(s) we are after, it would make sense to try to do a swap deal with jozefzoon or lawrence plus cash. I'm not sure that sinclair has enough transfer value to do that. 

53 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm pretty sure we won't sign anyone on the left wing as long as Lawrence is at the club.

Tom Lawrence shouldn't play another minute for the club, I'm yet to speak to someone who says he needs another chance.

The way we are setting up at the minute I just dont see a place for him and I will be very disappointed if he is drafted back into the league matchday starting 11.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Tom Lawrence shouldn't play another minute for the club, I'm yet to speak to someone who says he needs another chance.

The way we are setting up at the minute I just dont see a place for him and I will be very disappointed if he is drafted back into the league matchday starting 11.

I agree. But still expect this to be the case.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There's a lot of players you could say the same about - maybe he needs somebody like Rooney to captain him who get the best out of him game after game.

You only need to watch him play for Wales and there's a very good player in there somewhere.

42 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well that would depend on who is fit ? Currently he wouldn’t be taking corners (max bird) or free kicks (Rooney) so he is scoring goals or he has a problem finding something to do? Could be interesting 

Archived