Scott Sinclair - signed for PNE

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Lawrence needs a break. His mum passed away towards the back end of last year and the Keogh business wont be helping him concentrate on his football. The emergance of Knight in recent weeks has meant that his suspension didn't hit us as much as Cocu seemed to think it would. I think giving him an extended time out to sort his head out will do him good.

Oh I know 

but cocu banged him straight back into the first team at the first opportunity  sighting he needed to feel involved / distracted / supported 

so our gaffa did the exact opposite 

I would have left him out too, to let him get his head straight but cocu and the club felt different 

on the field I don’t think it’s done him any favours hopefully Off the field it has

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard did the same by the way. He played Lawrence when his mum had just passed, and Frank is praised a lot by players for his man-management style. Must have been a choice and decision by Lawrence otherwise I don't think he would be played.

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh I know 

but cocu banged him straight back into the first team at the first opportunity  sighting he needed to feel involved / distracted / supported 

so our gaffa did the exact opposite 

I would have left him out too, to let him get his head straight but cocu and the club felt different 

on the field I don’t think it’s done him any favours hopefully Off the field it has

dont help when you have everyone getting on your back for making 1 wrong decision or whatever either

2 hours ago, Squid said:

dont help when you have everyone getting on your back for making 1 wrong decision or whatever either

It doesn’t at all but that’s the nature of the profession he in 

that won’t change for any player no matter what their personal circumstances 

tbh it isn’t just this season though

hes been quite a frustrating inigma full stop since he’s been here 

he hasn’t developed as we or he would have hoped 

bags and bags of ability, which is probably why he continues to ge the nod and can do things other players can’t but his decision making is truly shocking and that hasn’t improved with time as you might hope would have happened which I find the most disappointing thing 

obviously he’s had horrific Personal hurt in his life and I feel nothing but sorry for the lad quite honestly 

10 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Their thread on this is quite funny, anyone would’ve thought they’d signed Messi.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/scott-sinclair-signs-2-1-2-year-contract-confirmed.3429721/page-4

To be fair, Preston have tight restrictions so it is incredibly rare that they sign players like Sinclair who has a relatively proven background coming into the club. In fact, I can't remember the last time made a signing like this. 

It's not a bad thing as it makes their scouts work harder and smarter. They have a number of players that would walk into our team over much more expensive options we've signed. 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

To be fair, Preston have tight restrictions so it is incredibly rare that they sign players like Sinclair who has a relatively proven background coming into the club. In fact, I can't remember the last time made a signing like this. 

It's not a bad thing as it makes their scouts work harder and smarter. They have a number of players that would walk into our team over much more expensive options we've signed. 

Daniel Johnson is one such player

13 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Daniel Johnson is one such player

Yes, very much so. Daniel Johnson was a very highly rated young player at Aston Villa, but struggled to get his chance and went out on loan. He did well and Preston took a chance on him, for an extremely small fee - £50,000. Not £500,000. £50,000! - and he's been productive every year. This will be his best season and he's now in his peak 27 and he's likely to get double figures for goals. 

It's not just Johnson, though, they did the same with Ben Pearson and Callum Robinson. Josh Harrop and Ryan Ledson have followed a similar mould. 

Ben Davies is a player I would really like here. I think he's got the makeup of a player who would be successful at a higher level. Extremely good defender. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Yes, very much so. Daniel Johnson was a very highly rated young player at Aston Villa, but struggled to get his chance and went out on loan. He did well and Preston took a chance on him, for an extremely small fee - £50,000. Not £500,000. £50,000! - and he's been productive every year. This will be his best season and he's now in his peak 27 and he's likely to get double figures for goals. 

It's not just Johnson, though, they did the same with Ben Pearson and Callum Robinson. Josh Harrop and Ryan Ledson have followed a similar mould. 

Ben Davies is a player I would really like here. I think he's got the makeup of a player who would be successful at a higher level. Extremely good defender. 

Depressing isn’t it! there entire squad cost something ridiculous like £2.5 million

9 hours ago, Squid said:

I’m sure it doesn’t which is why personally I would have left him out to try and help him come to terms with it 

I do understand why they didn’t but I don’t think it’s helped him on the pitch 

or just perhaps he’ll be one of those that just never fulllfill his potential 

ifs Only his decision making Making holding him back 

ability and work rate for me arnt in question 

but he’s 26 now .. decision making is meant to get better with age and experience and he’s running out of time  ... maybe he’ll just never fulfill his potential 

I genuinely hope he does not just for Derby county but for him 

17 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Their thread on this is quite funny, anyone would’ve thought they’d signed Messi.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/scott-sinclair-signs-2-1-2-year-contract-confirmed.3429721/page-4

To be fair this sounds very much like it is us that have done the deal "Scott Sinclair signs 212 year contract" except if it was us we would also have given him an option to extend it.

Archived