Scott Sinclair - signed for PNE

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Not for me as it stands as I would want room for our youngsters to play

obvious elephant in the room of course would be if we are selling players? Lawrence has obvious value and a good bid came in and jafoozon has a value still and may want to move on to play.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Lawrence playing central in a 4231 more often, which would mean we need another left winger. 

6 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

If we get sinclair it would be unreal litually in jan sinclair goalkeeper and maybe a cb depending on how sure cocu is about evans/fozzy playing there we would be a strong team again 

He might be getting on the Celtic bench if he was that good ! 

Just now, Dcfcsr92 said:

Be good in this league and alot better then what we already have when you have lawrence and him running at teams teams will hate it he would easily hit 15+ goals a season in the league 

He's 30 years old on 30k a week who can't get into the Celtic side in a poor league. He'd be no better than Pato.

Just now, Sparkle said:

The reason why hes not its coz he fell out with them because he tried to push through a deal to leave and obviously they didnt like it! It doesnt always come down to there talent to make it in a team, like anything if you dont fit into the managers style of football you never gonna play i think the experience of him and rooney coming in it will play big part in our season 

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Be good in this league and alot better then what we already have when you have lawrence and him running at teams teams will hate it he would easily hit 15+ goals a season in the league 

On a free transfer on grossly reduced wages maybe but he was at his best at Swansea in the championship before they went up to the premiership which was a long time ago and he wasn’t hitting 15 + goals then when he was fast and still registered as a Chelsea player. 

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

He's 30 years old on 30k a week who can't get into the Celtic side in a poor league. He'd be no better than Pato.

shinnie played in a piss poor Aberdeen side in the same league and hes not done bad has he!  He might be 30 so what players are that fit now 30 is nothing! 

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

he's not that good

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

I think there's some derision among Celtic fans as to why he isn't getting in the side. I wondered the other day why would we go in for him if he can't even get a game for Celtic, but it's clear some Celtic fans think he's better than players like Morgan and would like to see him brought back into the team...

https://readceltic.com/2019/11/24/fans-react-to-scott-sinclairs-absence-from-the-squad-for-livingston-win/

Not sure I've got anything to add in terms of wages but he would at least offer an option out wide and a goal threat. Paterson offers nothing we don't already have.

Just now, Squid said:

To be fair, the strength of the league has no bearing on his inability to get into the team. They have a good group of left wingers. While Elyounoussi didn't have a fun debut season in the PL, he's still a good £10m winger imo.

Paterson, on the other hand, lost his place in Bristol's team to... Andreas Weimann?

Not saying that makes Sinclair better; I've no idea if he'd be an upgrade - I'm just making the point that him not being able to start for Celtic is not evidence that he's not.

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

On a free transfer on grossly reduced wages maybe but he was at his best at Swansea in the championship before they went up to the premiership which was a long time ago and he wasn’t hitting 15 + goals then when he was fast and still registered as a Chelsea player.

Yes obviously reduced wages i agree! Yes he will of lost abit of pace but hes more experienced so would of learned ways to adapt his game because of that! Yiu have to think as well that season for Swansea they used to play that wide both wingers used to be litually getting chalk on there boots from the line! 

Archived