Scott Sinclair - signed for PNE

DcFc Dyycheee

Personally think Sinclair would be an upgrade on Bennett, Jozefzoon & Paterson. His 30k wages may be a stumbling block but a few factors have changed since the summer, we potentially have Keoghs wages savings, Sinclairs got 6months less & left on his contract so his price will have dropped which could cover the wages. Plus if he is that eager to come back to England he may be happy to take a pay cut?

As a side note , he hasnt got a bad looking wag on his side for matchdays either ? 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, roboto said:

At the risk of repeating myself from a few pages back. I think Sinclair would be a great signing for us and fit in well with the way Cocu wants to play. He has enough pace still and is great a driving forward with the ball at his feet. No Lawrence jokes please.

His goal record is pretty decent too. I don't buy into all this weak SPL rubbish. Celtic would walk the Championship if they were in the league. They've competed well in The Champions League and the Europa League and Sinclair has been a top performer in those matches too.

He's currently frozen out by Lennon, but the Celtic fans I know love him and would like him to be playing again, especially with the current injury crisis with their wingers. My mate said he is probably the fittest player in the squad, even at 30 and not being used.

£30k a week is pretty steep I guess, but I'm sure Mel can work something out to upset Steve Gibson.

I think Sinclair would add a lot to the team and a front line of Martin supported by Rooney, Lawrence and Sinclair would be absolutely 

Martin wont get much match time come january as cocu is after a big strong striker, probably the lad from blackpool. I heard martin may be sold in january also.

On 26/11/2019 at 15:39, DCFC1388 said:

Personally think Sinclair would be an upgrade on Bennett, Jozefzoon & Paterson. His 30k wages may be a stumbling block but a few factors have changed since the summer, we potentially have Keoghs wages savings, Sinclairs got 6months less & left on his contract so his price will have dropped which could cover the wages. Plus if he is that eager to come back to England he may be happy to take a pay cut?

As a side note , he hasnt got a bad looking wag on his side for matchdays either ? 

Defo sign him just for the wag come on mel lets do this! 

On 26/11/2019 at 15:47, Philspen said:

Martin wont get much match time come january as cocu is after a big strong striker, probably the lad from blackpool. I heard martin may be sold in january also.

I accept that transfer topics are open to debate and speculation, it would be nice though if they had a minuscule of fact or reality about them!

5 hours ago, Rosythram said:

I accept that transfer topics are open to debate and speculation, it would be nice though if they had a minuscule of fact or reality about them!

I will come back to this post in january when martin is sold or cant get in the team, you can then apologise for doubting me!

7 hours ago, Philspen said:

I will come back to this post in january when martin is sold or cant get in the team, you can then apologise for doubting me!

There have been enough people come on post transfer "news" as their first post claiming to be in the know, and turned out to be posting rubbish. Obviously people are going to doubt you with no previous history of correct information passed on. 

Going back to your other post, are we really going to sell Martin (or not play him) for a player that is couple of years younger, never played at this level and until 6 months ago struggled to score consistently at that lower level? And you wonder why you are doubted?

I'm sure Rooney is excited at the prospect of having Armand Gnaduillet (made it even more unbelievable by not knowing his name) as a team mate. 

54 minutes ago, rynny said:

There have been enough people come on post transfer "news" as their first post claiming to be in the know, and turned out to be posting rubbish. Obviously people are going to doubt you with no previous history of correct information passed on. 

Going back to your other post, are we really going to sell Martin (or not play him) for a player that is couple of years younger, never played at this level and until 6 months ago struggled to score consistently at that lower level? And you wonder why you are doubted?

I'm sure Rooney is excited at the prospect of having Armand Gnaduillet (made it even more unbelievable by not knowing his name) as a team mate. 

Whoever plays upfront, we need to create some chances for them...certainly not doing much of that away from home....

So not only does Cocu want to get rid of the CF he judges to be our first choice, he also wants to keep our 2nd and 3rd choice forwards, AND replace him with a donkley from Blackpool?

Yes mate.

Cocu will definately get rid of a proven striker who can hold the ball up well, for someone who hasn't touched a ball in the championship whos only a couple years younger.

Good one.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

Yes mate.

Cocu will definately get rid of a proven striker who can hold the ball up well, for someone who hasn't touched a ball in the championship whos only a couple years younger.

Good one.

I think it seems obvious that the main reason he's our first choice striker at the moment is to get him in the window right? It's obviously more important to get him game time so we can get a few more pennies for him than build anything for the future

I mean - It's not like we started the season with a different first choice striker and he's forced his way into contention and now seems to be first pick is it?

7 hours ago, rynny said:

First of all I was not aware that all posts on here were fact, I'm just stating my opinion! Like in my OPINION rooney will play up front with an incoming big strong striker and lawrence will continue to play at the tip of the diamond.

Secondly I will return to this reply in january to say I told you so!

Also the new investment will be in place come january 100% (chinese consortium) , obviously this ain't fact yet its again my opinion!

Thirdly I'm gonna throw this out there, bogle will also leave to help balance the books! I'm even gonna give you the team he goes to FULHAM for around 12 million. Again just my opinion lol

5 minutes ago, Philspen said:

First of all I was not aware that all posts on here were fact, I'm just stating my opinion! Like in my OPINION rooney will play up front with an incoming big strong striker and lawrence will continue to play at the tip of the diamond.

Also the new investment will be in place come january 100% (chinese consortium) , obviously this ain't fact yet its again my opinion!

Thirdly I'm gonna throw this out there, bogle will also leave to help balance the books! I'm even gonna give you the team he goes to FULHAM for around 12 million. Again just my opinion lol

Well you posted it like it was a fact. 

If that's your opinion, that's fine, you are entitled to it, just as I am entitled to laugh at your opinion. 

steve carell lol GIF

39 minutes ago, Philspen said:

Welcome to the forum by the way Phil Spen.

41 minutes ago, Philspen said:

Just wondering what your opinion is based upon?

1 hour ago, Philspen said:

See I think what you got wrong was phrasing - Opinion usually starts with something like "I think" or "I reckon" - What you posted are statements and therefore very easily confused - There are many people who post factual statements on here and that is what it seemed/seems you are doing

1 hour ago, Philspen said:

Also I think the new investment will be in place come january 100% (chinese consortium)

Thirdly I'm gonna throw this out there, I think bogle will also leave to help balance the books! I'm even gonna suggest the team he goes to FULHAM for around 12 million.

There - Now they're easily identifiable as opinions and no-one will give you grief

Archived