Scott Sinclair - signed for PNE

DcFc Dyycheee

From what I gather he was a serious target in the summer but 30k wages were a real snag. Could be a very useful player and a different option to what we have already. 

My hunch on Paterson going back would be we have someone lined up to replace him. Could be Rooney? Could be Sinclair? Could be someone else. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Squid said:

ambitious as anything but as we're looking for a left sided winger, what about Ryan Sessegnon? 

Out of favour at Spurs and we all know Jose isn't the greatest with giving younger players a chance...

IMO the bolded part is only well spread Skysports myths. I think he gave debut to around 20 youngsters at Real Madrid. So good enough, old enough is very much his approach.

Agreeing with Sessegnon or someone his ilk tho. Would be great to have someone so direct and fast.

19 minutes ago, Squid said:

ambitious as anything but as we're looking for a left sided winger, what about Ryan Sessegnon? 

Out of favour at Spurs and we all know Jose isn't the greatest with giving younger players a chance...

Love the optimism but I'd put our chances of signing him up there with the chances of Kelly Brook turning up at my house in her undies with a signed note from my missus saying I can have a go.

42 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Love the optimism but I'd put our chances of signing him up there with the chances of Kelly Brook turning up at my house in her undies with a signed note from my missus saying I can have a go.

Had to read that twice.  Read it as Kell Brook (the boxer) first!  ?

At the risk of repeating myself from a few pages back. I think Sinclair would be a great signing for us and fit in well with the way Cocu wants to play. He has enough pace still and is great a driving forward with the ball at his feet. No Lawrence jokes please.

His goal record is pretty decent too. I don't buy into all this weak SPL rubbish. Celtic would walk the Championship if they were in the league. They've competed well in The Champions League and the Europa League and Sinclair has been a top performer in those matches too.

He's currently frozen out by Lennon, but the Celtic fans I know love him and would like him to be playing again, especially with the current injury crisis with their wingers. My mate said he is probably the fittest player in the squad, even at 30 and not being used.

£30k a week is pretty steep I guess, but I'm sure Mel can work something out to upset Steve Gibson.

I think Sinclair would add a lot to the team and a front line of Martin supported by Rooney, Lawrence and Sinclair would be absolutely insane.

2 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

From what I gather he was a serious target in the summer but 30k wages were a real snag. Could be a very useful player and a different option to what we have already. 

My hunch on Paterson going back would be we have someone lined up to replace him. Could be Rooney? Could be Sinclair? Could be someone else. 

Well, that covers all bases then ?

During his time at Celtic, 15001 minutes played, 60 goals and 18 assists. That means goal/assist every 2.14 games.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him in Celtic's shirt at all, so can't really say anything about his overall game nowadays. Nevertheless, I seriously hope we are after wingers who are much more of attacking threat than current ones. Sinclair would definitely fit the bill, 2.14 is a such return some strikers can only dream of.

If I wasn't so darn lazy, I'd check the our current crop for a comparison.

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think there's some derision among Celtic fans as to why he isn't getting in the side. I wondered the other day why would we go in for him if he can't even get a game for Celtic, but it's clear some Celtic fans think he's better than players like Morgan and would like to see him brought back into the team...

https://readceltic.com/2019/11/24/fans-react-to-scott-sinclairs-absence-from-the-squad-for-livingston-win/

Not sure I've got anything to add in terms of wages but he would at least offer an option out wide and a goal threat. Paterson offers nothing we don't already have.

It's Lennon making the decision not to play him so that explains it - the guy's an idiot. Always thought Sinclair was a decent player, particularly at Championship level but at 30 it would hardly be a signing for the future. Not sure why comparisons are being made with Paterson - as an out and out winger Sinclair is far better, even at 30.

46 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

During his time at Celtic, 15001 minutes played, 60 goals and 18 assists. That means goal/assist every 2.14 games.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him in Celtic's shirt at all, so can't really say anything about his overall game nowadays. Nevertheless, I seriously hope we are after wingers who are much more of attacking threat than current ones. Sinclair would definitely fit the bill, 2.14 is a such return some strikers can only dream of.

Chris Martin averages 2.38 games per goal (for Derby, if you expand it out to his time in the Championship total it gets far worse). 

That's the best we have; unless you go for out of all minutes played in the Championship in which case it becomes Waghorn at 2.67.

Although, it isn't a direct comparison as Sinclair plays in a different league at a.... debated level.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Chris Martin averages 2.38 games per goal (for Derby, if you expand it out to his time in the Championship total it gets far worse). 

That's the best we have; unless you go for out of all minutes played in the Championship in which case it becomes Waghorn at 2.67.

Although, it isn't a direct comparison as Sinclair plays in a different league at a.... debated level.

Cheers for those! 

Sinclair didn't really have similar success at poor teams in Premier league, but with his playing style that's hardly a surprise is it? Impossible to know is Championship/SPL his level or has 3,5 seasons at Celtic made him better player now or ia it just attacking style which suits him better... Last time he was in Championship you have to way back, as far as 10/11 when he scored 27 goals with Swansea so certainly he has been good enough to this league in attacking minded team. 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

35 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

@Dimmu states goals/assists for Sinclair, whereas @SaintRam for Martin states only games per goal. I'm sure Martin's goals/assists stat would be much better.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

@Dimmu states goals/assists for Sinclair, whereas @SaintRam for Martin states only games per goal. I'm sure Martin's goals/assists stat would be much better.

You're right, apologies. It becomes 1.7 (again, at Derby).

For a positional comparison for Dimmu's benefit, Tom Lawrence has a goal or assist every 3.17 games for Derby.

Archived