Most exciting day as a Derby fan?

bimmerman

Got Me thinking, what are peoples most exciting days as a Derby fan

Qpr play off final, beating united in the cup, villa playoff final, there's been a few over the past few years

But surely today's up there for most of us? Signing a bona fidey England legend? 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My best day was also the worst. I can't even remember when it was now. But I knew everything was going to be all right. We were about to become the best team in England again. Clough and Taylor had been reunited, but down the road at a nothing club in Nottingham. And now they'd decided to come home. 

They arrived at the Baseball Ground to rejoin Derby, the side they'd made so great just a few years earlier. It was really happening. 

I've never heard a decent explanation of what went wrong. Somehow it fell apart while they were talking things over. The afternoon dragged on without the expected announcement. And then they changed their minds and went back to Nottingham. How quickly excitement can turn to dust in football. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My best day was also the worst. I can't even remember when it was now. But I knew everything was going to be all right. We were about to become the best team in England again. Clough and Taylor had been reunited, but down the road at a nothing club in Nottingham. And now they'd decided to come home. 

They arrived at the Baseball Ground to rejoin Derby, the side they'd made so great just a few years earlier. It was really happening. 

I've never heard a decent explanation of what went wrong. Somehow it fell apart while they were talking things over. The afternoon dragged on without the expected announcement. And then they changed their minds and went back to Nottingham. How quickly excitement can turn to dust in football. 

I remember seeing him on tv walking to the Baseball Ground and a fan stating "We need you Brian". Did he only go along to tell them "Gentlemen, I am not coming back to your club!"?

Forest 3-2 Derby 2009 because it's the only time I've been in the away end at their place. I was pumped. we got took apart first half and commons bottled it well and truly. But inspired by Lee Croft (yeah...I know) we got 2 back in the second and the equaliser was coming but we ran out of time. There are a few sights in football worse than happy forest fans, but not that many.

League cup semifinal 2nd leg vs ManU. "you car's to fast for you"

Play off second leg vs Southampton.

Far too may to contemplate... Derek Hales signing, Bovril on the menu, free scarf, ST price freezes, Vic Moreland coming on to "The Bottom Green" to join in our kick around on his way home from training... and giving us a guided tour of his fancy new Saab, scoring 12 against a very good Finn Harps side (at the time!), Infiltrating the Grimsby fans on the pop-side, when they played Wolves in that rearranged cup game (Or was it a LC Semi-Final?) at The BBG (neutral ground) whilst wearing my cunningly disguised Black & White Derby scarf... and they still don't know to this day :-)

It's been endless fun from day one... and I do believe there's more to come yet a while!  

26 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Far too may to contemplate... Derek Hales signing, Bovril on the menu, free scarf, ST price freezes, Vic Moreland coming on to "The Bottom Green" to join in our kick around on his way home from training... and giving us a guided tour of his fancy new Saab, scoring 12 against a very good Finn Harps side (at the time!), Infiltrating the Grimsby fans on the pop-side, when they played Wolves in that rearranged cup game (Or was it a LC Semi-Final?) at The BBG (neutral ground) whilst wearing my cunningly disguised Black & White Derby scarf... and they still don't know to this day :-)

It's been endless fun from day one... and I do believe there's more to come yet a while!  

What would have been the odds of any fan quoting vic Morland and Derek Hales when asked to highlight their most exciting moments as a fan  and highlighting  Finn Harps ability  when we also played Madrid, Benfica and the likes ......

Each to their own , I guess, it’s your opinion , no one else’s !!!!!

5 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

What would have been the odds of any fan quoting vic Morland and Derek Hales when asked to highlight their most exciting moments as a fan  and highlighting  Finn Harps ability  when we also played Madrid, Benfica and the likes ......

Each to their own , I guess, it’s your opinion , no one else’s !!!!!

Madrid, Benfica, Mackay (signing) et al... just a tad before my time as a fan.  Also being a dullard who doesn't get easily excited doesn't help my cause.  I can only apologise!  :-)

Archived