Captain Keogh

rynny

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Keogh and Clarke at the back then

Bielik as back up, Evans too, all of a sudden we could look more sorted.

As for Keogh, how many managers have now decided he’s our leader? Some will no doubt despair at all these “mistakes “ but I think it just shows he is the most respected player in our camp for a succession of Managers to keep picking him.

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Bielik as back up, Evans too, all of a sudden we could look more sorted.

As for Keogh, how many managers have now decided he’s our leader? Some will no doubt despair at all these “mistakes “ but I think it just shows he is the most respected player in our camp for a succession of Managers to keep picking him.

Keogh has everything needed for being a captain - Good Personality, Excellent Leadership, Good Age, Heaps of Experience and Supports his teammates.

As for signings, Keogh and Clarke at the back with Bielek in midfield would be great. Just need an attacker and maybe a GK/attacking midfielder.

Always harsh to change captain and gotta feel for Davies a bit because he’s a top bloke. Would hope we’ve had a proper chat to him about his role this season as he’s gotta still be a good player to have in the dressing room. That said, you have to go for the most suitable candidate as your captain, and with Davies likely to not play hugely coming back from his injury, I think Keogh is exactly that. Almost never misses a game, experienced and he’s Mr Derby County these days. Welcome back captain Keogh!

Boooooooooooooooo!

That's what we're supposed to do right? Because he's dreadful? Definitely the worst defender in the whole league*

*300+ appearances for the club, captain and first on the team sheet under 8+ managers, player of the year twice, inspirational leader, soul of the team, supplier of THAT goal in Leeds and all round bloody VIKING - #COYR (Come On You Richard)

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

*300+ appearances for the club, captain and first on the team sheet under 8+ managers, player of the year twice, inspirational leader, soul of the team, supplier of THAT goal in Leeds and all round bloody VIKING - #COYR (Come On You Richard)

Ooh I've never thought like a Batman before!

It makes sense. If Davies isn’t really going to play why bother giving him the official title when it’ll be Keogh wearing the armband anyway?

The fact one player has elasticated material around their arm won’t change the impact or roles that other players play behind the scenes. 

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Boooooooooooooooo!

That's what we're supposed to do right? Because he's dreadful? Definitely the worst defender in the whole league*

Richard The Lion Heart

Great decision. I'm absolutely desperate to see Keogh bring us to the Premier League, just so hopefully he can get more well deserved recognition, and people can finally leave 2014 behind. 

Derby legend. You don't need to look further than the Leeds away game at Elland Road, a centre half that can play a ball like that is worth their weight in gold.

Archived