v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread

Day
Message added by Day

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Very true - against Reading we were lucky to win we weren’t yesterday 

I was at the Reading game last season and I recently watched the lowlights on Facebook. Derby were truly awful in the first half trying to play out from the back and in doing so almost handing Reading the game on a plate. We were lucky to win and then got hammered by Leeds the following week followed by a defeat by Millwall.

I don't think Huddersfield were a bad side. Mooy and Pritchard are class players and they had one or two others who were in the promotion side plus pace upfront. Derby were very assured in the first half and I thought Clark looked a very astute signing. He was assured on the ball, knew when to defend and wasn't afraid to attack either.

Hopefully we can being in some quality on loan this week and with a home game against Swansea on Saturday (fortunately not Leeds) who knows?

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good results against (I think) a mid table side. Didn't feel like we was at our best but two moments of magic was the difference. 

For me there was some obvious improvements to be made, which coincidentally are in the positions that we have/are looking to strengthen - DM and RW. Hoping Beilik starts on Saturday and we can get a winger in before then, if not I think Bennett should start over Zoon. 

Good away performance. 

55 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Three players standing offside when Lawrence shoots for second goal. Waghorn dodges the shot that misses him by less than two feet. Never did understand so called offside rules.

Simples - if we score our players are not interfering with play   , if the opposition scores their 'offside' players are interfering with play.

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Such contrasting halves. First we were exquisite, second we defended like troopers. Incredible but fantastic to see what we can do when needed. Some understated, shall I say to be polite, comments. I thought that was immense. Don’t underestimate Huddersfield. Two teams in a game I believe. In this league they’ll get going and cause problems I reckon. Their fans made me laugh but hey they want their team to succeed, ref was brilliant and top marks to him I thought.   And we are adding to this squad. I genuinely didn’t quite know why to expect but that was truly immense as far as I’m concerned. Clarke was stupendous. Blimey this was special as far as I’m concerned. Of course we will face challenges but so much up on Lampard team. Remember three top loanees last season. Ok two so far this but I’m buzzing and while some are against possible Rooney move, already the media are going crazy for it and I think he’d be immense in this league. This Ram is gonna sleep well tonight not just because of the four ales........ yeah baby 

A7C5BCFC-6395-4C15-8C65-D74F9A8A2533.jpeg

If Tom keeps this up I think we should call him Maverick 

I think for the first game of the season, that was a great win. In the first half we controlled the game and played some brilliant football, at times they really couldn't touch us. Second half they put their foot on the gas a bit and we didn't really do much. But what I was really impressed about was our organisation and our flexibility to sit back and limit them to scraps stopping them creating anything. Deserved win. Exciting times ahead. UTR.

53 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

A good results against (I think) a mid table side. Didn't feel like we was at our best but two moments of magic was the difference. 

For me there was some obvious improvements to be made, which coincidentally are in the positions that we have/are looking to strengthen - DM and RW. Hoping Beilik starts on Saturday and we can get a winger in before then, if not I think Bennett should start over Zoon. 

Good away performance. 

Regarding Bielik Cocu said he's about 7-10 days away which says to me he'll probably get 70 minutes against Scunthorpe and we'll see from there..

Just now, thederbyram said:

Regarding Bielik Cocu said he's about 7-10 days away which says to me he'll probably get 70 minutes against Scunthorpe and we'll see from there..

Could we see Marriott, Bielik, Holmes and Rooney against Scunthorpe?!

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not seen it on the box yet, but did anyone else think it was a penalty on Lawerence just before half time...or are my eyes failing ??

Nailed on penalty for me. defender missed the ball but his studs landed on Lawrence's boot. Painful.

6 minutes ago, Zak10 said:

Nailed on penalty for me. defender missed the ball but his studs landed on Lawrence's boot. Painful.

Meh, I thought he got the ball and his studs then followed through to Lawrence's foot. Seen them given but would be harsh as he got the ball first..

59 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not seen it on the box yet, but did anyone else think it was a penalty on Lawerence just before half time...or are my eyes failing ??

If you do watch it back, don't laugh like we did on about 50 mins when keogh, well , did a Keogh. Funniest moment of the season contender already. ??

Archived