Pre Season Friendly v Girona (H)

EnigmaRam

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

There’s also the possibility that Cocu wants to know who he wants to keep and who he wants to ship out.

Training gives some idea but it’s how they are in a match situation and how they can adapt to his tactics he will want to see.

Only then can he effectively deal in the transfer market.

Clear improvement in standard of passing all round. Sibley could be as good as Mount. Three young guns in first team will do better than in an U23 side because they have better players around them.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Surely this first team/second team split should have been the other way around?

The youngsters playing the majority of the game v Burton and the first team playing the majority of the game against better opposition tonight...

Makes more sense to me.

Or you could argue Burton are more representative of a EFL Championship team than continental Girona 

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It was played like an U23s friendly where the admittance fee is usually £0 and you wouldn't even need to leave your sofa.

I'm not really bothered about the money or team, Unusually live watching teh youngsters, but surely in your penultmate pre season friendly and home 'showcase' you shouldn't be limited to 15 minutes of your first team playing at a tenpo 3 times that of the 75 minutes before.

I'm just worried that our pre season schedule has been nowhere near strong or enough busy enough to prepare is for the season ahead and I'm getting horrible flashbacks to the Pearson era.

I thought Rangers was the main friendly.

I just would rather Cocu does what he needs to do to get the maximum amount of players fit and ready. Lampard and Florida storms were far from ideal. I do agree pre season has looked a bit of a mess. 

But I thought we all knew after the Burton game that the other players would play? I think Cocu has said in an interview that the Rangers game will be close to the team he wants?

I wouldn't pay £20 for a friendly tbh. I don't think tonight was worth it and I don't think Rangers or Man United or anyone else is worth it. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't he have NO service, but one of the few shots on target? How much better was Waghorn then? No midfield service no goals!

Do you still wear your Chris Martin pantaloons in this heat?

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It was played like an U23s friendly where the admittance fee is usually £0 and you wouldn't even need to leave your sofa.

I'm not really bothered about the money or team. Usually love watching the youngsters, but surely in your penultmate pre season friendly and home 'showcase' you shouldn't be limited to 15 minutes of your first team playing at a tenpo 3 times that of the 75 minutes before.

I'm just worried that our pre season schedule has been nowhere near strong or enough busy enough to prepare is for the season ahead and I'm getting horrible flashbacks to the Pearson era. Probably just being paranoid tbh.

??

calm down what are you on.. can I have some? 

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I'm not really bothered about the money or team. Usually love watching the youngsters, but surely in your penultmate pre season friendly and home 'showcase' you shouldn't be limited to 15 minutes of your first team playing at a tenpo 3 times that of the 75 minutes before.

I'm just worried that our pre season schedule has been nowhere near strong or enough busy enough to prepare is for the season ahead and I'm getting horrible flashbacks to the Pearson era. Probably just being paranoid tbh.

Tough one for Cocu. He needs the training time to get his ideas across but he needs to see what these players can do in a competitive environment. Seems to me he has been pretty fair and given existing players chances without making panic signings. Do we need 4-5 new players? Holmes and Marriott to come back, Wisdom and Thorne...

I suspect ideally another match or two would have happened. Unless we start against Huddersfield with a 442, I think those flashbacks can go away.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I thought Rangers was the main friendly.

I just would rather Cocu does what he needs to do to get the maximum amount of players fit and ready. Lampard and Florida storms were far from ideal. I do agree pre season has looked a bit of a mess. 

But I thought we all knew after the Burton game that the other players would play? I think Cocu has said in an interview that the Rangers game will be close to the team he wants?

I wouldn't pay £20 for a friendly tbh. I don't think tonight was worth it and I don't think Rangers or Man United or anyone else is worth it. 

Ramstv £3

Pretty much as I expected.

Much better once the subs came on, although that was a limited time.

Buchanan and Lowe(eventually) looked positives from the starting eleven, Sibley more so from his time on the pitch.

Of the experienced pros, Anya flatters to decieve, Davies needs more minutes before writing him off, but I'd go with Evans on the evidence so far, and Martin could be a bit part answer as an understudy, but shouldn't be troubling a full strength line up.

11 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Lawrence? I hope he works out just don’t see it. 

Your right it was a second string nothing there to read apart from Sibley 

Knight well in with a chance. Old head on young shoulders.

My faith is in Mel and the DCFC team. 

We have come a long way since Pearson. 

It just training. I’m sure he’s spotted the weaknesses. 

Another transition year, last year was a transition. Look what happened. Let’s just wait till the first 5 games then we can worry. 

Just now, irobinson said:

Dump Martin - yesterday’s man

waggy is 10 times better .... get a duckin young Dutch striker in 

Martin would look as good as Waghorn if he was playing with the big boys. What would Waghorn look like with the reserves?!

11 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

He sums up my love making technique.

Gets in the right position, but then aimlessly thrusts his balls into the box.

Without a big unit  up front any type of ball becomes superfluous

Archived