Pre Season Friendly v Girona (H)

EnigmaRam

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So based on this thread so far we have simultaniously been good, indifferent and bad.

The young players are also simultaniously quite good and quite bad.

Excellent.

Second rung team was quite dire, first team is absolutely dominating the game.

Buchanan, Lowe, Sibley and Knight have been fantastic.

1 minute ago, David said:

2 young CM’s looking to breakthrough, one a blonde English lad, the other an Irish lad. We’ve been here before haven’t we?

Yeah and these two look as promising, don't they?

Surely this first team/second team split should have been the other way around?

The youngsters playing the majority of the game v Burton and the first team playing the majority of the game against better opposition tonight...

Makes more sense to me.

14 minutes ago, superzak said:

I take it you havnt paid 20 quid to watch this pal

Cocu quite clearly said at the end of last game that the second string would be playing most of this game. If you were expecting Barcelona more fool you for piddling your money up the wall.

In either case i fail to see why we should be wrist slashing about our performances in pre season friendlies.

Just now, Jourdan said:

The youngsters playing the majority of the game v Burton and the first team playing the majority of the game against better opposition tonight...

Makes more sense to me.

First Team get more minutes in the legs this way

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you paid £20 and didn't expect that there would be a number of fringe players in the line-up then more fool you, particularly after Cocu's comments.

I think ultimately it prooved the youngsters are not as good as people would like to believe. Sibley and knight apart serious money needs throwing at this team in the next few days

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Makes more sense to me.

Rangers is the proper 1st team run out and is in less than 3 days, which is a bit too quick a turn around for the best team to get a full game tonight. Plus, if the 1st team only got 15 mins v Burton, that would've meant only 15 mins game time in about 10 days, which isn't enough. 75 mins, then 15 mins then the full 90 makes sense to me, at least

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah and these two look as promising, don't they?

Early days, promising though yes. These are the players you don’t want to block by going out and handing a CM a 3 year deal restricting their opportunities. 

Archived