Gareth Bale

Andicis

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Can't blame him for wanting to cash in, he's won everything at club level, European champion 4 times, can see why he would want to get a huge pay packet.

Never won the Brian Clough trophy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say he's won everything as a player. He won absolutely nothing with Tottenham and whilst he may have won the champions League 4 times with Real Madrid the only other major trophies he's won are one la liga title and 1 copa del rey trophy.

Personally think its a waste that he is ending his career this young, but if he truly has lost all the passion for the game I wish him the best for his retirement.

6 hours ago, GenBr said:

I wouldn't say he's won everything as a player. He won absolutely nothing with Tottenham and whilst he may have won the champions League 4 times with Real Madrid the only other major trophies he's won are one la liga title and 1 copa del rey trophy.

Personally think its a waste that he is ending his career this young, but if he truly has lost all the passion for the game I wish him the best for his retirement.

Well he's won the biggest club trophy 4 times, won the domestic trophies in Spain, winning something with Tottenham is something almost no other player has managed to achieve. If no European club is willing to offer him the big wages I think it makes sense for him to earn the most money that he can.

Don't forget it's also a good way for Real to move him out without the thorny subject of a transfer fee being raised. They possibly did some negotiation around his remaining contract so I guess they will have been pushing this aggressively. Bale can still do one or two years on £365m a year and come back with time to do the hero bit for one of the Welsh club sides - with what he's got in his back pocket he might just buy one of them.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well he's won the biggest club trophy 4 times, won the domestic trophies in Spain, winning something with Tottenham is something almost no other player has managed to achieve. If no European club is willing to offer him the big wages I think it makes sense for him to earn the most money that he can.

Hes won one trophy four times. My statement still stands - he has nowhere near won everything there is to win. Ronaldo has won basically everything in 3 different countries now plus multiple ballon d'ors and only needs to go to a German club next and then finish his career at PSG to complete the set. Gareth Bale has won barely anything in comparison and it isnt because he lacks the skill or the talent to do so.

It doesnt make sense to me that he wants to piddle away his talent in a backwater like China when he already has more money than he knows what to do with. 

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Don't forget it's also a good way for Real to move him out without the thorny subject of a transfer fee being raised. They possibly did some negotiation around his remaining contract so I guess they will have been pushing this aggressively. Bale can still do one or two years on £365m a year and come back with time to do the hero bit for one of the Welsh club sides - with what he's got in his back pocket he might just buy one of them.

Its £1 million per week - not £1 million per day. £52 mill still a lot of money though - he could almost double his earnings to date in 2.5 years there.

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Hes won one trophy four times. My statement still stands - he has nowhere near won everything there is to win. Ronaldo has won basically everything in 3 different countries now plus multiple ballon d'ors and only needs to go to a German club next and then finish his career at PSG to complete the set. Gareth Bale has won barely anything in comparison and it isnt because he lacks the skill or the talent to do so.

It doesnt make sense to me that he wants to piddle away his talent in a backwater like China when he already has more money than he knows what to do with. 

I mean winning in half of the leagues in Europe doesn't prove very much. Winning the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, or Serie A is down to being on one team, therefore I consider winning every trophy in Spain much more important than winning anything in those leagues.

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Its £1 million per week - not £1 million per day. £52 mill still a lot of money though - he could almost double his earnings to date in 2.5 years there.

Haha - good point.

Still, when you compare that to the £40k a week he could command at Cardiff it would mean him giving up around £40m a year to play for his local club. Sorry, I don't believe a single person on here would do that for Derby - no matter how die hard you care - especially when you consider the point you make that it would mean him giving up half of his potential career earnings. I mean, it's not like he doesn't have a pot to piddle in but still.

55 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Haha - good point.

Still, when you compare that to the £40k a week he could command at Cardiff it would mean him giving up around £40m a year to play for his local club. Sorry, I don't believe a single person on here would do that for Derby - no matter how die hard you care - especially when you consider the point you make that it would mean him giving up half of his potential career earnings. I mean, it's not like he doesn't have a pot to piddle in but still.

As ive said earlier i do not believe he would have any idea what to do with the money he already has never mind the extra he'd earn in China. Another £10 or another £1 million wont make the slightest bit of difference - he isnt exactly the next bill gates or elon musk.

59 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I mean winning in half of the leagues in Europe doesn't prove very much. Winning the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, or Serie A is down to being on one team, therefore I consider winning every trophy in Spain much more important than winning anything in those leagues.

You are going a very roundabout way to agree with me but im glad we got there in the end. Nothing you have said so far has disagreed with my original point of he is nowhere near winning everything.

You cant dismiss the other leagues for being "uncompetitive" and then say you think winning Spanish competitions is worth more. For most of Bales time there he only had to beat one team and he didnt even do that very well. He won one la liga in a league that has had only 2 winners for decades with the odd upset by a team like Atletico. Only a few elite players have won a title in four different countries and as far as i am aware nobody has managed to win it in england, france, germany spain and italy. If Bale wants to give up then good for him - he is clearly not particularly motivated by succes anymore. Nothing wrong with that from his perspective just not something i would ever do myself.

On 27/07/2019 at 16:48, GenBr said:

Complete the set? Is he collecting Panini stickers? I thought only narcissists like Ronaldo believed this tripe. Gareth Bale won't be losing any sleep over the lack of a Ligue 1 winners medal and neither would any sane person who already had 4 Champions League medals in their sock drawer.

7 hours ago, Anon said:

Complete the set? Is he collecting Panini stickers? I thought only narcissists like Ronaldo believed this tripe. Gareth Bale won't be losing any sleep over the lack of a Ligue 1 winners medal and neither would any sane person who already had 4 Champions League medals in their sock drawer.

Again i agree that Bale doesnt care about being successful. However just because you do not doesnt mean everyone feels the same.

I believe you should strive to be the very best in all aspects of your life including your career. Ronaldo wants to be the very best and Bale is happy being mediocre. Good for him, but not everyone is motivated purely by money.some people have goals and ambitions and they want to try and achieve things that have never been done before. Once you achieve a goal you need to set new ones or you will stagnate as Bale has done.

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Again i agree that Bale doesnt care about being successful. However just because you do not doesnt mean everyone feels the same.

I believe you should strive to be the very best in all aspects of your life including your career. Ronaldo wants to be the very best and Bale is happy being mediocre. Good for him, but not everyone is motivated purely by money.some people have goals and ambitions and they want to try and achieve things that have never been done before. Once you achieve a goal you need to set new ones or you will stagnate as Bale has done.

Not sure you can really call bale 'mediocre'. Far from it tbh.

Archived