Gareth Bale

Andicis

39 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not sure you can really call bale 'mediocre'. Far from it tbh.

Yes I can and I will. His achievements are mediocre and he won't be remembered as one of the greats. As far as I am concerned he is wasting his talent.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yes I can and I will. His achievements are mediocre and he won't be remembered as one of the greats. As far as I am concerned he is wasting his talent.

Ok mate. Shame Derby can't have a few 'mediocre' players like him tho ?

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/D2b8Aq1GZx973DteA

you have a very high standard. I imagine your list of "good" achievements doesn't have many on it! 

There is basically nothing on Bales list of achievements.  He won 4 champions leagues thanks to Ronaldo and thats about it. His achievements are mediocre, but if that means i have a high threshold for success then so be it - i agree.

Not sure what an image of one of his goals has to do with anything. Scoring one goal isnt the pinnacle of achievement at all.

30 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Ok mate. Shame Derby can't have a few 'mediocre' players like him tho ?

He is mediocre - not one of the greats, but not garbage - average - he has been a good player in his time, but he has achieved very little with his talent and virtually nothing of note recently.

Without Ronaldo in that Real Madrid team i genuinely wonder if he'd actually have won anything.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He is mediocre - not one of the greats, but not garbage - average - he has been a good player in his time, but he has achieved very little with his talent and virtually nothing of note recently.

??‍♂️. You can't be serious here. The man has won the Champions League 4 times. If that's an average player, then what the duck do you consider our players to be? Nothing of note recently? He won, and was the best player, in the Champions League final 2 years ago. Maybe he's not Ronaldo, but he's a ducking good player and deserves some respect.

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

There is basically nothing on Bales list of achievements.  He won 4 champions leagues thanks to Ronaldo and thats about it. His achievements are mediocre, but if that means i have a high threshold for success then so be it - i agree.

Not sure what an image of one of his goals has to do with anything. Scoring one goal isnt the pinnacle of achievement at all.

Without Ronaldo in that Real Madrid team i genuinely wonder if he'd actually have won anything.

Yeah, got the mediocre comment the first time mate, but saying it again and again isn't going to change people's opinions same as you clearly won't budge from your standpoint. To me Butters is mediocre, Johnson perhaps too but Gareth Bale absolutely not, but what do i know? ?

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

??‍♂️. You can't be serious here. The man has won the Champions League 4 times. If that's an average player, then what the duck do you consider our players to be? Nothing of note recently? He won, and was the best player, in the Champions League final 2 years ago. Maybe he's not Ronaldo, but he's a ducking good player and deserves some respect.

I thought he was on a wind up at first but I think he genuinely believes what he's written ?‍♀️

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

11/12, Spurs - 36 apps, 9 goal, 10 assists (league)
12/13, Spurs - 33 apps, 21 goals, 4 assists (league)
13/14, RM - 39 apps, 21 goals, 16 assists (league and CL)
14/15, RM - 41 apps, 15 goals, 10 assists (league and CL) 
15/16, RM - 31 apps, 19 goals, 12 assists (league and CL) 
16/17, RM - 27 apps, 9 goals, 3 assists (league and CL) 
17/18, RM - 33 apps, 19 goals, 4 assists (league and CL) 
18/19, RM - 36 apps, 11 goals, 5 assists (league and CL) 

102 goals in 231 apps in all competitions for Madrid, and 14th top scorer in the club's history. But still "mediocre"...

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Penaldo fanboys are the worst. Mr Statpad would've won a lot less if his teammates didn't carry him through the big games that he consistently fails to turn up for.

Harsh on Ronaldo, he has definitely been quiet in a couple of finals, but on other big occasions he's been decisive for Real Madrid. An absolute goal machine for over a decade.  I think it's a credit to him that he is hungry for every trophy and every record he can get his hands on.  That's part of the reason he is still at the very top of his game at 34. 

Just now, Highgate said:

Harsh on Ronaldo, he has definitely been quiet in a couple of finals, but on other big occasions he's been decisive for Real Madrid. An absolute goal machine for over a decade.  I think it's a credit to him that he is hungry for every trophy and every record he can get his hands on.  That's part of the reason he is still at the very top of his game at 34. 

You're not wrong, but I was under the assumption that absurd hyperbole was de rigueur in this thread.

Well the rather mediocre Mr Bale has now refused to go on the Real tour to Munich citing his not being 'in the right frame of mind'. Quite understandadble I reckon given he was being unceremoniously shunted out the door, sorts himself a tidy £100 million retirement gig only to then be told he has to stay. All a bit shambolic if you ask me with Zidane being totally undermined by his own club president.

Meanwhile, Toshack has scolded Bale for failing to learn how to speak Spanish in his time at Real, thereby alienating the madrileños but I'm not sure it's that poor Gareth is unwilling as much as unable. The lad can barely string a sentence together in English, after all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49156850

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Well the rather mediocre Mr Bale has now refused to go on the Real tour to Munich citing his not being 'in the right frame of mind'. Quite understandadble I reckon given he was being unceremoniously shunted out the door, sorts himself a tidy £100 million retirement gig only to then be told he has to stay. All a bit shambolic if you ask me with Zidane being totally undermined by his own club president.

Meanwhile, Toshack has scolded Bale for failing to learn how to speak Spanish in his time at Real, thereby alienating the madrileños but I'm not sure it's that poor Gareth is unwilling as much as unable. The lad can barely string a sentence together in English, after all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49156850

The idea that you go and live in a foreign country for six years to work and don’t even make the effort to learn the local language is astonishing . Perhaps this says more about his character and mentality than anything ? 

21 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

The idea that you go and live in a foreign country for six years to work and don’t even make the effort to learn the local language is astonishing . Perhaps this says more about his character and mentality than anything ? 

How so theres ex pats that have lived on the Costa del Sol for 20 years who just about know how to say Hola and go to the same English bar in their town every day. 

9 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I think it's fair to say he's not got a perfect grasp of spoken Spanish, but I think it's exaggerated when people make out like he's completely oblivious, or hasn't made an effort. I think the situation is more that he can understand Spanish when others speak it and that he has a basic grasp of speaking it himself, but he doesn't have much confidence speaking it. 

11 minutes ago, JfR said:

I think it's fair to say he's not got a perfect grasp of spoken Spanish, but I think it's exaggerated when people make out like he's completely oblivious, or hasn't made an effort. I think the situation is more that he can understand Spanish when others speak it and that he has a basic grasp of speaking it himself, but he doesn't have much confidence speaking it. 

After six years ? 

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How so theres ex pats that have lived on the Costa del Sol for 20 years who just about know how to say Hola and go to the same English bar in their town every day. 

It’s clearly the same thing , would you say Tyler ? 

37 minutes ago, JfR said:

Bless him. It's like my GCSE Spanish spoken exam. My hobbies are Windsurfing (that's the same in every language).

I've been married to a native Spanish speaker for 10 years, and this is basically my position. I can understand quite a lot, but have no confidence to speak it. When she's chatting to her Mum I often surprise them by saying, in English, 'Oh, yeah, I saw that too.'

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Well we Brits love a good moan over folk who come to our country and refuse to integrate. Perhaps Madrileños feel the same way?

Archived