Gareth Bale

Andicis

Sorry, thought you said ‘ fitted’. 

Not ‘celebrity hero’ 

Was John Mcgovern a darling of the fans. Was John O’hare  ? 

Was Steve Powell. Or Mike Forsyth ?

Or Geraint Williams or maybe Peter Daniels ? 

Perhaps Terry Hennassey or maybe even Ron Webster . Or perhaps Alan Durban. 

In fact, what on earth are you saying ? 

Fact is, like it or lump it. Bale has had a superb career and stay at Real Madrid. By any measure you chose to follow. And he deserves credit for it 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was suggesting that in terms of footballing ability he wouldnt even make the top 10 of the last 20 years.

Oooh, well that wasn't what I thought you meant so there you go. I'm not sure I'd be that harsh but I do at least get your point now.

29 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Sorry, thought you said ‘ fitted’. 

Not ‘celebrity hero’ 

Was John Mcgovern a darling of the fans. Was John O’hare  ? 

Was Steve Powell. Or Mike Forsyth ?

Or Geraint Williams or maybe Peter Daniels ? 

Perhaps Terry Hennassey or maybe even Ron Webster . Or perhaps Alan Durban. 

In fact, what on earth are you saying ? 

Fact is, like it or lump it. Bale has had a superb career and stay at Real Madrid. By any measure you chose to follow. And he deserves credit for it 

I don't get why you've such a beef with my post? I tried to explain what I meant but clearly failed.

2 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey - “never really fitted “ . Wow !

Would be interested to know what criteria you need to describe a player as ‘fitting’ !

78 goals in over 150 appearances over 6 years

2 champions league medals in that time

Played longer at one of the top clubs on the continent than any other British player , ever 

And in that time became Wales highest goalscorer and helped his nation to their best ever international finish,  ever 

Would love Rams to sign a bunch of players like this who never really ‘fitted’ !! 

Owen and Beckham don't even qualify to be in the comparison - struggling to think of anyone else who does, as you clearly did ! 

“Never fitted” = fans never warmed to him

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't get why you've such a beef with my post? I tried to explain what I meant but clearly failed.

Because he thinks you're having a dig at Bale rather than simply saying the Real fans didn't like him.

I think literally everyone else got the point you were making FWIW ?

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Offered 1M a week deal by Chinese club.

I hopehe doesnt acceptthat. Effectively giving up on his career if he does that. Would still walk into most of the top sides in Europe.

2 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Wish I could give up my career and then just earn £1,000,000,000.00 a week.

Has your career to this point earned you tens of millions of pounds? Are you on of the very best in the world in whatever your chosen field is? China is a retirement home when you dont want to compete anymore - much like the USA, but Bale is nowhere near that point yet. (He is also not being offered 1 billion per week)

Gareth Bale does not need money - he has already earned well over $100 million in his life so far. He could be paid millions a year in Europe and still be winning trophies that are actually worth a damn. If he's lost the passion to compete he may as well retire.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Has your career to this point earned you tens of millions of pounds? Are you on of the very best in the world in whatever your chosen field is? China is a retirement home when you dont want to compete anymore - much like the USA, but Bale is nowhere near that point yet. (He is also not being offered 1 billion per week)

Gareth Bale does not need money - he has already earned well over $100 million in his life so far. He could be paid millions a year in Europe and still be winning trophies that are actually worth a damn. If he's lost the passion to compete he may as well retire.

While I agree, if two years employment in China could double your overall wealth, you'd at least think about it.

It would seem a terrible move mind, seeing as he's never adjusted to a Spanish lifestyle according to reports, I can't imagine living in China is any easier.

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I reckon at least over 10% of footballers still play primarily because of the financial benefits of the game. 

It's very easy to sit behind your keyboard and question the morals of a footballer because he's opted for the money rather than what would be considered a better footballing choice. He's arguably reached the pinnacle of his career, winning the CL 4 times and living in the high life in wonderful Madrid. 

You also have no idea of his future aspirations. $100m for some is very little. Maybe he see's a final pay day that'll open some other doors in life?

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

While I agree, if two years employment in China could double your overall wealth, you'd at least think about it.

It would seem a terrible move mind, seeing as he's never adjusted to a Spanish lifestyle according to reports, I can't imagine living in China is any easier.

He would still be getting paid handsomely to play in Europe though. Not as much as China, but not small change either.

1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

I reckon at least over 10% of footballers still play primarily because of the financial benefits of the game. 

It's very easy to sit behind your keyboard and question the morals of a footballer because he's opted for the money rather than what would be considered a better footballing choice. He's arguably reached the pinnacle of his career, winning the CL 4 times and living in the high life in wonderful Madrid. 

You also have no idea of his future aspirations. $100m for some is very little. Maybe he see's a final pay day that'll open some other doors in life?

I would imagine it is far above 10% playing just for the money. Most people have very little or no ambition and not just in football either.

You are goddamn right i will question his decision if he chooses to go to China just for money. I do not agree he has reached the pinnacle of his career, but then i do not understand why people are happy with wasting their skills or talents either. 

I very much doubt he knows what to do with even $100 million nevermind a few mill more than that. I will wait and see if he can prove me wrong, but i very much doubt his imagination can stretch far enough to be able to do anything more than buy and sell a few houses like virtually everyone else.

17 hours ago, GenBr said:

I hopehe doesnt acceptthat. Effectively giving up on his career if he does that. Would still walk into most of the top sides in Europe.

One of the reasons Real Madrid fans dislike Bale is because he’s lost all his passion for football since he’s won everything and is more interested in golf, I could see him going to China and taking all the money.

Archived