Gareth Bale

Andicis

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Rather than trying to imply something negative about me, why don’t you contribute to the topic?

What is unrealistic about my point of view of footballers in Bale’s position?

Because not everyone has you jaundiced view of life.

You think every footballer on high wages coasts through his paying career?

Messi Ronaldo Aguero etc

So yes I do find you're views somewhat revealing

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Messi Ronaldo Aguero etc

I think you’re reading too much into my posts.

Where have I said all players are lazy? Where have I said all players coast through their playing careers?

Of course, some players will have a strong work ethic and strong core values regardless of how much they earn, but each player handles being a footballer and the privileges that come with it differently.

I don’t think footballers are inherently lazy. I don’t think Bale is lazy. You don’t go from starting out at Southampton to making it at Madrid if you are lazy.

I only suggested that his wealth and the lifestyle afforded to him is probably not conducive for learning a language and integrating abroad. Some players make it a priority, but many do not. 

It’s a question of motivation and for some, I guess motivation would be lacking. I would guess playing football, winning trophies and providing the best life for his family are his primary concerns. How high up the list is learning the local language going to be? It really depends on the individual.

Personally if I had worked my way to the top and I was earning obscene amounts of money and living and working abroad in the short term, I’d probably be enjoying the fruits of my labour too and not be too concerned with learning a language when there are ways around it.

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Messi Ronaldo Aguero etc

Was he talking about Messi, Ronaldo or Aguero?

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Andicis said:

City would be off their heads to accept his. Sterling is the best player outside of Messi and Ronaldo, worth 200million comfortably, Bale is certainly not worth 130m.

There’s a massive gap between Madrid considering making an offer and Cit-eh accepting one. I’ve been critical of Stirling in the past, but Pep has brought the best out of him, and he’s probably one of the best players in the world right now. He’s easily worth around the same PSG paid for that mardarse Neymar. Besides, I don’t think Bale is suited to Cit-eh's style anyway. Non story... 

On 04/11/2019 at 14:27, Andicis said:
City would be off their heads to accept his. Sterling is the best player outside of Messi and Ronaldo, worth 200million comfortably, Bale is certainly not worth 130m.

Definitely agree. Bale has made it pretty clear he doesn't really enjoy football all that much anymore and would rather be on the golf course. Let him go and retire in China and be done with it. Man City would never ever go for this deal unless Sterling is adamant that he wants to leave and got to Madrid.

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Definitely agree. Bale has made it pretty clear he doesn't really enjoy football all that much anymore and would rather be on the golf course. Let him go and retire in China and be done with it. Man City would never ever go for this deal unless Sterling is adamant that he wants to leave and got to Madrid.

And even if City would sell Sterling, the cash would be better for them than a Bale on huge wages who isn't really hungry to win any more.

There's also far more value to Sterling than his playing ability. He's a beacon of good publicity because he's a great, outspoken, person.

If any club in England were going to go for Bale it'd be man u.

They are rich enough to do it, have a team he'd probably improve and if Madrid were trying to hauk him off to city man u can sell it to fans as getting one over peps side.

Can't see city going for that at the expense of sterling.

Can't see Liverpool going for him, Chelsea couldn't if they wanted anyway,

Archived