Who's going to be our unexpected success this season?

RamLad1884

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

If it was an unexpected success then surely by definition nobody would be able to predict it?

Not necessarily. If a horse race with 30 runners is won by a 66-1 outsider then it's an unexpected success but in all probability someone will have backed it to win.

I'll go with Max Lowe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven’t seen anything except highlights so can’t give an informed answer but I’m looking forward to Girona to give me a feel of what we are like and to get a face to face look at some of the new boys. There is nothing like seeing a match live. No matter how good TV is or how much analysts explain, you have to see it live, everything form body language to intent. Was a failed pass just that or was it intelligence that didn’t quite come off this time. 

I am just plain old eager and excited - I have a feeling with Bryson and Johnson gone the midfield is going to ramp up a notch in terms of pure hunger and youth. There might be mistakes made but I think we are going to be surprised all over the middle of the park. 

17 minutes ago, jono said:

I haven’t seen anything except highlights so can’t give an informed answer but I’m looking forward to Girona to give me a feel of what we are like and to get a face to face look at some of the new boys. There is nothing like seeing a match live. No matter how good TV is or how much analysts explain, you have to see it live, everything form body language to intent. Was a failed pass just that or was it intelligence that didn’t quite come off this time. 

I am just plain old eager and excited - I have a feeling with Bryson and Johnson gone the midfield is going to ramp up a notch in terms of pure hunger and youth. There might be mistakes made but I think we are going to be surprised all over the middle of the park. 

I completely agree. 

I've got this weird somewhat unfounded sensation that we are the brink of something very very good. 

Bogle wins POTY this season. No doubt in my mind. Knight seems like the obvious surprise, but I'd back Bennett to really establish himself this season. If you read between the lines he's the hardest working player at the club and he's improving a lot with increased game time. 

George Evans for me. Written off far too early by a good few but has all the scope in the world and could have a special season.

I'd love to see another of our young'uns prosper too after Jayden's meteoric rise last season. Bird and Knight have already looked more than up to first team duty but could Tyree Wilson or Louis Sibley be bolters to get our hearts racing? 

4 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I completely agree. 

I've got this weird somewhat unfounded sensation that we are the brink of something very very good. 

Reverse teams on Thursday. All the young guns are getting 75 mins each.

Knight will definitely get minutes. I don't think that's too unexpected. 

Evans could pleasantly surprise but again has been involved preseason. Jozefzoon might find his mojo, and Bennett could be a surprise revelation as an attacking mid. Martin and Thorne could pull off lazarus-esque come backs. 

To look at the more unexpected, I reckon Mitchell Lawson will move from u23s to impact sub.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Callum get a few games at left back either. 

Lovely to see some of our youth looking like they will feature.

Archived