Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by David

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Missed 87 minutes of the match, based on what everyone saw - who would your starting

11 be for the Girona game ?

The 11 that played in the first half.

Maybe Knight and Lowe staking claims as well. 

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Newsflash - Cocu wins the  biggest trophy of his career.

Can confirm, in terms of volume at least. The Eredivisie trophy is a plate.

Just now, GenBr said:

The 11 that played in the first half.

Maybe Knight and Lowe staking claims as well. 

With Marriott in for Bennett, if Marriott's fit.

Very Enjoyable.

Dowell looked good. Knight looked very good as well - head and shoulders above the other prospects. He seems to have come from nowhere.

defence was a bit wobbly at times. 

Has that bloke's head revovered yet?

Looked defensively suspect all game long, especially out wide.

We've not looked strong in that area since the days of Billy however, and I'd take that weakness all day long if we can look so destructive going forward as we did today, I'm not so sure being defensively impregnable is so important these days.

I think there were a few indications from today that the improvement in certain individuals will be quite marked, and we're not as far away from a squad that can challenge as maybe appears.

Another couple of loans/deals in the right areas could really improve us, I'm thinking GK and CD.

Think if all players fit you will see a team like this.

Gk Roos/Carson

Rb  Bogle.            Df Evans.          Df  Keogh .          Lb Lowe

.                         Cm Huddlestone.     Cm Shinnie

.                                        Am Dowell

lwf Josezoon.                  Cf Marriott.            Rwf Lawrence

.          Subs Roos/Carson,. Waghorn, Holmes, Bennett, Davis,. Bird and Malone

So with a new goal keeper/ centre back and a wide player, we will have a really good squad, think Waghorn and Bennett will play a massive part as well, loads of competition for the forward positions, bit sort at the back, also would like to see another wide player, could shape up to be a season to remember.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

With Marriott in for Bennett, if Marriott's fit.

Not for me. Bennett's played well so far even if he did miss a couple of open goals.

Jack Marriott is probably my favourite player, but I don't think I would immediately drop Bennett for him on this occasion.

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Can confirm, in terms of volume at least. The Eredivisie trophy is a plate.

Also in terms off monetary value if you melted it down that piece of metal is worth more than any other trophy in British football if my memory serves me correctly.

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Think if all players fit you will see a team like this.

Gk Roos/Carson

Rb  Bogle.            Df Evans.          Df  Keogh .          Lb Lowe

.                         Cm Huddlestone.     Cm Shinnie

.                                        Am Dowell

lwf Josezoon.                  Cf Marriott.            Rwf Lawrence

.          Subs Roos/Carson,. Waghorn, Holmes, Bennett, Davis,. Bird and Malone

So with a new goal keeper/ centre back and a wide player, we will have a really good squad, think Waghorn and Bennett will play a massive part as well, loads of competition for the forward positions, bit sort at the back, also would like to see another wide player, could shape up to be a season to remember.

Our Dwain will be in first team.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Not for me. Bennett's played well so far even if he did miss a couple of open goals.

Jack Marriott is probably my favourite player, but I don't think I would immediately drop Bennett for him on this occasion.

The reason you play Marriott is answered in your post.

In the games that matter you cannot afford to miss those chances and Marriott wouldn't.

Enjoyed the game, I’d say 3000 of the 4300 there were Derby.

Another centre back and a couple of bits of cover in the middle for me, possibly a GK as well.

We look great going forward. Waghorn and Marriott in that side will look good, if they can fit both together..... with Bennett /Lawerence.

Can see potentially one or two outs.... probably Martin again as I think we are loaded up top, and maybe one or two younger lads out on loan..... 

Burton are appalling  defensively, and play percentages, what you expect from a Btec Gary Rowett managing them..... they will be lower end of L1 for sure.

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Oh no I meant, I think that's what Cocu's plan is. I think the role Bennett was playing will be Marriotts when he's fit. And I'm not sure how much form counts for in pre-season.

Archived