Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by David

33 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

I Watched the game on Rams Tv, I like how our players are moving into space off the ball a lot more. A lot of positives to take from the game, The team looked fit and ready to go, all of them looked interested. Not many negatives other than burton got behind our back line quite abit. I thought Dowell and Evans looked good, Huddlestone ran the game and looked half a yard quicker. Sibley and knight will make it here, I have high hopes for Sibley especially. I don't get why previous managers haven't picked Anya, he looked excellent when he came on. I can't wait for the season to start, we are two or three players off a top 6 squad imo.

I thought Anya never got picked because we would have to pay Watford eleventy billion pounds if he did? At least that's what some of the experts on here decided.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Evans had two good games at CB last season, both away from home under the highest pressure.

On top of the season he spent being one of Readings CB's in a season they made the play off final, I'd say that's enough evidence to call him a centre half rather than a midfielder.

Won’t deny his excellent performance at Bristol and decent showing at Swansea. I was under the impression that he played in midfield during Reading’s play off season though? If he played centre back then I’m happy to admit that he’s a defender, but someone will have to find the evidence.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Won’t deny his excellent performance at Bristol and decent showing at Swansea. I was under the impression that he played in midfield during Reading’s play off season though? If he played centre back then I’m happy to admit that he’s a defender, but someone will have to find the evidence.

That someone won't be me mind, I've looked aand can't find it.

I'm quite pissed though, so it's not beyond possibility I've missed it!

Not sure what's worse about this. The bit where he palms it up into the air or the bit where rather than catching it on the way back down he just pushes it into a massive group of players 2 yards from goal. 

This bloke isn't and never will be a Championship goalkeeper. No command of his penalty area whatsoever, doesn't come for crosses. 

He could cost us so many goals this season.

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He played some games at CH for Reading but the supporters were less than complementary if that helps at all 

33 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course we will but Evans looked pretty decent in the couple of games he stepped in at CB last season. I remember the game at Bristol City. Like many others I suspect, my heart sank when Tomori went off injured early on to be replaced by Evans only for Evans to do a pretty good job.

Controversial maybe but, I wouldn't be too alarmed to see him start at CB next season based on the games I've seen him play in that position.

I am happy with him as cover. He like Bennett and Holmes can play in a few positions and are bench players in a top 6 team IMO,

On 20/07/2019 at 19:52, MACKWORTHRAM said:
Not sure what's worse about this. The bit where he palms it up into the air or the bit where rather than catching it on the way back down he just pushes it into a massive group of players 2 yards from goal. 

This bloke isn't and never will be a Championship goalkeeper. No command of his penalty area whatsoever, doesn't come for crosses. 

He could cost us so many goals this season.

This is over the top. He wasn't great today, but it was a preseason friendly. The narrative around Roos changed dramatically after Wembley, up until then he had done very little wrong. He definitely should come for crosses, but not a Championship keeper? 

25 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Really hoping George Evans can kick on this season. Tipped him as the one to watch range last year and still think he might turn out to be a proper bargain buy.

His range of passing is phenomenal, could be a surprise centre back, reminiscent of when we signed a striker called Christian Dailly.

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Played at CH bud as I recall. Reading fans not overly keen but what do they know!

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

This is over the top. He wasn't great today, but it was a preseason friendly. The narrative around Roos changed dramatically after Wembley, up until then he had done very little wrong. He definitely should come for crosses, but not a Championship keeper? 

He's a good shot stopper (every keeper at this level should be) but I have to say I agree with Mackworth Ram on this one. He doesn't command the area and when the box is crowded he gets a bit flappy.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He's a good shot stopper (every keeper at this level should be) but I have to say I agree with Mackworth Ram on this one. He doesn't command the area and when the box is crowded he gets a bit flappy.

Carson didn't really command his area either. Nor did Lee Grant. In fact, I can't really remember at Derby keeper that did command their area.

31 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

That someone won't be me mind, I've looked aand can't find it.

I'm quite pissed though, so it's not beyond possibility I've missed it!

9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Played at CH bud as I recall. Reading fans not overly keen but what do they know!

I’m sorry guys but I think I’m right here:

D9702522-C069-49BA-9E64-FDB22BAA8AD7.thumb.png.5b9bce806760adae7f4f1b5ad0e76e31.png

3EE04BF4-DD1F-46A4-9DB8-D75869623A2D.thumb.png.dbc5e5076edc4c044e21e98f578b4a86.png

0B6772A1-9E60-4092-A4ED-676100B0C55D.thumb.png.eb9ffc6796b32b575742cec86c717186.png

Played in the middle in the Play Off games too.

Again, he’s been good whenever he’s played at CB. I’m just not a fan of the idea that ‘he’s not a midfielder’ when he quite clearly has been a key midfielder in a successful side in the past.

Archived