Kieran Dowell - Loan terminated; sent to Wigan

BagRam

22 hours ago, Andicis said:

Great news. He's utter dross. The single worst loanee we've ever had.

My imagination has either made up long periods of us signing absolute dross in the last 18 years or you’re over exaggerating massively here... it’s not been successful at all but my god we’ve signed worse, so so much worse. 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

My imagination has either made up long periods of us signing absolute dross in the last 18 years or you’re over exaggerating massively here... it’s not been successful at all but my god we’ve signed worse, so so much worse. 

In terms of attitude as well as talent, I think he's the worst. We've had bad players, but Dowell is a bad player, with bad work rate and a seemingly bad attitude.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

In terms of attitude as well as talent, I think he's the worst. We've had bad players, but Dowell is a bad player, with bad work rate and a seemingly bad attitude.

Why bad attitude?

Genuine question, has he done something that I wasnt aware of? I always see him clap Derby fans when warming up as a sub.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why bad attitude?

Genuine question, has he done something that I wasnt aware of? I always see him clap Derby fans when warming up as a sub.

The attitude thing is kind of tied into the bad work rate thing for me. I don't get the impression he's trying very hard when he's playing for us, I could be totally and utterly misguided on this. But it doesn't look that way to me. I see him strolling around the pitch, when he gives the ball away he isn't working hard to get it back etc. 

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The attitude thing is kind of tied into the bad work rate thing for me. I don't get the impression he's trying very hard when he's playing for us, I could be totally and utterly misguided on this. But it doesn't look that way to me. I see him strolling around the pitch, when he gives the ball away he isn't working hard to get it back etc. 

There is definitely a player there somewhere, it's no coincidence for me that as soon as Rooney arrives proper, Dowell gets back in.

Rooney will know how highly rated he was at Everton and probably told Cocu it was worth giving him another chance.

It might be that the tactics we employ isn't suiting his more attacking football.

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Think that's just his style - similar to Huddlestone.

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I have not seen enough signs of “goodness” personally. Taking Sibleys bench place for me so I would get rid if we can.

Mount was special, Wilson was able but with the free kicks added in offered something. ... Dowell is ok, I think he has some skill but I see limited desire which perplexes me ... meh whatever the boss says 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

He’s not a bad player. We’ve seen him excel at this level previously. It hasn’t worked out for him here. It didn’t for Peter Whittingham, Danny Graham, Lingard and a host of other players who went on to have admiral careers... 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

He’s not a bad player. We’ve seen him excel at this level previously. It hasn’t worked out for him here. It didn’t for Peter Whittingham, Danny Graham, Lingard and a host of other players who went on to have admiral careers... 

He looks all at sea to me.

The way I see it is Knight is playing in the same position Paterson would occupy and Rooney in the same position you'd expect Dowell to occupy. 

May as well create space in the squad for loan players covering more urgent positions. Sensible move all round. 

Really hope he kicks on as he is talented, just stalled at Sheff last year and hasn't been able to get back into it here. 

Not the dreadful player some drama queens on here would make him out to be but this move really hasn't worked. There's still that player in there that looked a cut above this level when at Forest.  

Archived