Kieran Dowell - Loan terminated; sent to Wigan

BagRam

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expected a lot more, didn't come close to justifying his reputation.

Maybe if we were doing better, if he had more confidence, if we played in a way that suited him, things would be different, but for the best that it's over. 

Wigan will be a good place for him, he should get a run there and might become another Nick Powell type moderate success. 

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand he obviously must have something about him as he was decent at Forest and Sheff Utd. 

But on the other it was quite clear from an early stage that it wasn't going to work out for him here. So in that regard I'm glad it's over, for both parties.

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well he’s gone now, so we’re all good. I apologise for going on and on about him, but that transfer riled me up more than pretty much any other one we’ve made.

I will start with Anya - £4.5 million another fortune in 4 years of wages, very little interest in playing football - one goal and hardly any minutes on a football pitch - compared to a young lad who has proved his ability elsewhere but it didn’t work out for him here in 4-5 months on loan - I rest my case 

4 hours ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand he obviously must have something about him as he was decent at Forest and Sheff Utd. 

But on the other it was quite clear from an early stage that it wasn't going to work out for him here. So in that regard I'm glad it's over, for both parties.

He barely played a Sheff Utd mostly on the bench and was “ mehhhh” according to my blades mate!

Anyways I’m starting to think we should go easy on Dowell he’s clearly been sent to Wigan as punishment!

• 6 months later...

Good signing for Norwich. I was a fan of his prior to his loan here and then he did well after he went to Wigan. It just didn't happen for him here, but wouldn't be surprised to see him do well next season. He's shown that he can be a good player at this level and perhaps a settled location will help him progress. 

All the best to him. 

Terrible disappointment here. Cocu gave him every chance but he failed to justify his selection and it became increasingly apparent we had better midfield youngsters of our own in the academy. Given Dowell's still rated and has got himself a good move to Norwich, that's just an indication of how promising our own youngsters are.

Archived