Martin Skrtel - Joined Atalanta

Mafiabob

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Google it's this word salad:

COCU WANTED SKRTEL After Franck Lampard's departure to Chelsea, British executives shaking hands with the Dutch coach decided to start with Cocu when they set out to go to the Premier League. Returning Fikayo Tomori'nin Martin Skrtel'i said instead of thinking. Fenerbahce contract ended and is currently in talks with some clubs Skrtel, his former coach Cocu'yla work extremely hot looking, Slovak stopper reportedly will sit at the table with Derby in the coming days.

No idea how much truth is in this, but I looked up Martin Skrtel and he has hair now, which would suggest that during his years at Liverpool it was of his own volition that he chose to look like a raging psychotic slaphead and not due to follicle deficiency
Image.jpg.d97970cbed9b64c7788a028af03cac17.jpg

He definitely doesn't fit the model, but I'm sure he could still do a very good job. He's a force in the air, careful with the ball and has never given a striker an easy day in the office. I'm not sure where this would leave Davies either, because he'll be our token big lump at the back despite the Skrtel being better. 

Not sure this is the way I'd go but if Cocu is thinking this I do see some sense in it.

Our CB position is very light. Our CB position is also very light when it comes to obvious quality in our youth system. One of our CBs was just out injured for a whole year. Yes Skrtl is old, but CB as a position often benefits hugely from experience.

I could totally see this move, especially if its alongside bringing in someone like Tomori as well.

Archived