Martin Skrtel - Joined Atalanta

Mafiabob

We already have experience at the back with keogh, and davies and forsyth.

we also have got to make a decision as to whether ( or where) wisdom has a future. 

Evans played well in that position albeit briefly.

A second youngish left sided player fits the bill. 

Skrtel plays the same position as keogh - just saying. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we haven’t been too bad from a defensive perspective over the last few seasons, but we haven’t really had a spine. Skirtl would provide in my opinion a much needed spine.  In Cocu I still trust. Done nothing wrong yet.

Interesting. Hated Rowett filling the squad with oldies having said we'd do otherwise. Loved Tomori's astonishing youthful pace last season. But that said, when we signed Davies I was really pleased as I thought he'd be the classy wise old leader at the back. Skrtel seems similar. It'll be tough for Curtis to come back from injury and can we rely on him to stay fit? 

I am certain Cocu genuinely believes in youth, so if he wants to pick one trusted defensive stalwart then I'm behind him. Building a team is about balance. Signings don't always happen in the order you want them. 

46 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting. Hated Rowett filling the squad with oldies having said we'd do otherwise. Loved Tomori's astonishing youthful pace last season. But that said, when we signed Davies I was really pleased as I thought he'd be the classy wise old leader at the back. Skrtel seems similar. It'll be tough for Curtis to come back from injury and can we rely on him to stay fit? 

I am certain Cocu genuinely believes in youth, so if he wants to pick one trusted defensive stalwart then I'm behind him. Building a team is about balance. Signings don't always happen in the order you want them. 

if Skirtl comes, he is coming to captain the side. Would you like to tell him what to do. He knows the Cocu tried and trusted plan. Bring him down. Dave Mackay2 on the way. Come on you CocuRams

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just me that thinks he's a thug and wouldn't want him, then?

I know what you mean but I'm not averse to a thug in the team.

As long as he powers the headers away and creates a bit of mischief in their box too.

Plenty of nice guys around him.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Thug? 

533 career games and 1 straight red card, 4 sending offs for 2 bookings.

With those stats, I've changed my mind. He's not enough of a thug. Don't want any pansies in defence.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Thug? 

533 career games and 1 straight red card, 4 sending offs for 2 bookings.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/skrtel.259527/page-7

if this is true then something has gone wrong. Against top euro teams we need more than just an enforcer (thug) we need the best available. Which excludes cloggers like skrtel

Or perhaps not...

https://www.theguardian.com/discussion/p/76657

I'm a Liverpool fan and totally agree with this comment. He looks tough but is actually pretty soft for a Centre back in the premier league. Seen him chicken out of far to many 50/50 challenges to argue otherwise

As I said before we need more than one CB to come in, so I'm not against one of them being an experienced one. Especially one as talented as Skrtel. 

Archived