Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

11 hours ago, JfR said:

I predict Mel's new cunning plan is to rebrand Anya, Blackman and Butterfield as up-and-coming Brazilian superstars Anyaldo, Blackminho and Butterfilo, flog them to some unsuspecting Chinese team for a combined £40m and use the money to buy back the loan players on permanents.
Frank's appearance at the Brazil U23 game the other day was step one of the ruse.

Nah - He's going to establish a brand new football team called "DCFC Car Park FC" and sell them all to that club for £100m

1 hour ago, Srg said:

There's no way on earth we would pay the quoted amount. If, by some miracle, he ends up back here, it will be on loan again or with a heavily engineered transfer fee. £21m buys a new team where we are at currently.

IF he came back I could see a loan with a view to permanent if promoted - Liverpool were rumoured to be asking £4m loan fee for him this season and I would imagine we'd only pay that if we thought we could get him the other end

I read "The Numbers Game" a few years ago (well worth a read if you like football and/or stats) and they said statistically you're better to replace your weakest player/shore up holes than bring in a superstar - And your weak links apparently on average cost you more points than the superstar will gain you and you can bring in 4/5 slightly better players for the cost of one superstar

That said - I think our weakness in the current squad is probably creativity (without Wilson and Mount) so that might be the first area we need to address?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are people genuinely suggesting this is happening? We have more chance of signing bloody Harry Houdini than Harry Wilson on a perm. It ain’t happening lads. If we sign him for 21m you can change my name to wilsonsafootballgenius or summat cause it ain’t happening 

If we're willing (doubt it) to spend £15m+ on Wilson, I'd rather we spend c£10m on Tomori.

As other posters have said, Wilson would be probably be the loanee of the three I was least sad to see leave. Weird considering his end product, and 18 goals is no small void to fill, but he seemed to be less effective as the season rumbled on. He's young though, and maybe teams had him pegged with special attention, with no other players stepping up to take advantage.

Would welcome him back with open arms, naturally, but not at that cost...

Considering we are selling some academy players/u23's for up to £5m regardless of Bogle. Plus how our wage budget could get slashed by up to £15m, £20m if you actually include Wilson, Mount and Tomori and how only their wages impact FFP....is it crazy to think we could buy Tomori for £5m and give Chelsea another £10m when promoted, Liverpool £10m for Wilson and another £12m when promoted and something similar for Mount?? ?

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Or he's leaving and Chelsea are paying us £21m in compensation ?

This could be a Mel masterstroke. Frank wants the band back together if he’s to stay another year and not go to Chelsea. Mel needs some security on spaffing 21 million on Wilson.

Watch this space for Frank signing a contract extension with a huge buyout clause that would cover the squad investment if Chelsea come sniffing again.

(Neither Frank going to Chelsea or Wilson coming for £21m is actually happening, btw)

I’d welcome him back, his contribution was invaluable last season. I doubt it’s going to happen, however in regard to his valuation, he is worth what someone is willing to pay, saying his isn’t worth 10 million could be right but I’d guess you’d have Club’s queuing at that price.

He has already proven he will score goals, for a winger that is invaluable, 11 million for Ince shows that market valuation is increasing each year.

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This Twitter account is giving it the big one. Calling out Nixon copying his stories and saying he revealed the Marriott deal first. Anyway, I love a good rumour so here you go:

#dcfc. Wisdom ready to shift. Butterfield and Blackman also going. All fee’s to add up to Wilson deal.

What are we thinking then lads?

I'm going Wisdom £14m to RB Leipzig, Butterfield £2.8m to Huddersfield & Blackman £4.2m to Napoli.

11 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This Twitter account is giving it the big one. Calling out Nixon copying his stories and saying he revealed the Marriott deal first. Anyway, I love a good rumour so here you go:

The problem with him clinging onto this Marriott deal as his way of proving he's actually in the know, is that he spoke about the rumour in January of the 2017/18 season rather than in the summer when we actually signed him. We ended up signing Jerome during that January window and then 7 months after he made the claim and a change of manager at the club, we finally got Marriott. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7663264

Wisdom to Preston for a bag of chips

We'll pay Hartlepool United 900,000 to let Butt's career die quietly in the North East

Blackman to slyly, yet effectively, arrange "accidents" for all the other strikers at DCFC, force Frank's hand into playing him and score 60 goals all comps next season... then leave on a free

You heard it here first

People saying they wouldn’t want Wilson for big money ? Me I would love it if we could get him ,18 goals folks , 18 goals from a winger and the expectation every time he got the ball or placed it for a free kick , and not just 18 goals but many many world class goals , the boy puts bums on seats and is young so not dead money ,, if there is a way to do the deal ,get it done mel,

paying to watch football is about seeing players in your team that make you say wow and he does it in spades

4 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If we're willing (doubt it) to spend £15m+ on Wilson, I'd rather we spend c£10m on Tomori.

As other posters have said, Wilson would be probably be the loanee of the three I was least sad to see leave. Weird considering his end product, and 18 goals is no small void to fill, but he seemed to be less effective as the season rumbled on. He's young though, and maybe teams had him pegged with special attention, with no other players stepping up to take advantage.

Would welcome him back with open arms, naturally, but not at that cost...

We just had three very good loans basically all young guys who did well but wilson was the one who carried us in many games in terms of trying to make something happen which is why he was heavily fouled ( sure he went down like fairy at times) but there were some dreadful challenges on him as well.

Archived