Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love him to be here next season, but surely it has to be a loan? 

I can't see us forking out anywhere near £20m on one player when we've got a few positions to fill/strengthen before we go again.

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Obviously Mel hasn't got a bottomless pit of money, but the transfer fee (I believe) is insignificant against FFP (P&S) regulations because he becomes an asset owned by the club, similar story to why we offer players contracts when it would be better to release them. 

Wilson would be deemed as an investment by Morris, undoubtedly, because young players with a consistent end product are so very rare. We can develop his all round game a lot easier than we can teach a player to have his composure infront of goal. 

Again, I don't quite believe it, but if it didn't seem so unrealistic you would look at the report, look at the flirting between the club and player and say it's definitely done. 

I'm interested to see how the asset value system works in the P&S rules. Say if the transfer fee is split over 3 years at £7m ( 3 year contract), on the P&S, would the value of the player be £21m for all 3 years and therefore a £14m benefit onto P&S? I'd assume not, and I'd assume that the value and price is equally split, but with the complex mechanism that is P&S, I can't be so sure.

I refuse to believe signing Wilson Permanently is even a possibility, though. The rules would be so broken it would be unbelievable. Plus, it's the Sun.

Think people must be on the opium pipe.

Wilson.

For around £21 mill.

To a championship club.

To Derby.

Done deal.

I will nail my colours to the not a chance in hell mast and be surprised if that changes.

So... a question for anyone that has any idea about ffp... if we technically made a profit of 15 ish million and can make a 15 million loss in a season, doesn't that mean we can lose 30 this next year and still lose 15 the next although the 4th year would be zero?

maybe Mel has had enough and is willing to take any penalties that do come after if we fail in the next 3 years. 

24 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I'm interested to see how the asset value system works in the P&S rules. Say if the transfer fee is split over 3 years at £7m ( 3 year contract), on the P&S, would the value of the player be £21m for all 3 years and therefore a £14m benefit onto P&S? I'd assume not, and I'd assume that the value and price is equally split, but with the complex mechanism that is P&S, I can't be so sure.

I refuse to believe signing Wilson Permanently is even a possibility, though. The rules would be so broken it would be unbelievable. Plus, it's the Sun.

I'm not an accountant but I think that becomes a cash flow issue. The liability to pay the other 14 million is on the books.

I predict Mel's new cunning plan is to rebrand Anya, Blackman and Butterfield as up-and-coming Brazilian superstars Anyaldo, Blackminho and Butterfilo, flog them to some unsuspecting Chinese team for a combined £40m and use the money to buy back the loan players on permanents.
Frank's appearance at the Brazil U23 game the other day was step one of the ruse.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I'm not an accountant but I think that becomes a cash flow issue. The liability to pay the other 14 million is on the books.

I had considered those issues, it's just that the P&S system is so complex and broken in many ways that i couldn't be so sure.

It's all just a big mess, and anyway I can't see this being an issue as a can't see Wilson coming in to be honest.

Archived